Job Summary: The Financial Analyst is responsible for applying principles of finance to analyze financial information and businesses processes by performing the below duties. This function requires current and continued development of skills in business analysis, process improvement, and research. The successful candidate will have an ability to thrive in an environment of rapid change; work effectively within cross-functional teams; will be highly resourceful; able to deliver strong results; have a passion for operational excellence, and possess a strong set of communication and analytical skills.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
* Represent the finance organization as a core team member on cross-functional, Global Product Development projects.
* Develop business case models to analyze new product investment decisions, drive decision making within the project core teams, and inform executive approval team.
* Maintain process flows and standard operating procedures for financial team support of product development stage gate process
* Perform detailed analyses to identify, analyze, understand, and monitor the organizations key performance indicators around brand sales.
* Support brand leadership team in modeling and analyzing national promotion events for Tempur, Sealy and S&F brands.
* Assist in the preparation of financial business models used to evaluate investment within various organizational areas.
* Assist in the preparation of monthly/weekly/yearly management reporting.
* Supports strategic planning and decision-making by identifying and analyzing key business trends, market segments, and among key customers.
* Creates and provides ad hoc reports to senior managers to evaluate business trends and opportunities in support of various modeling assumptions.
* Seeks ways to improve standard reporting as requested or required.
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
* Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills .
* Ability to support projects through to completion by involving and influencing others.
* Proficient written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
* Maintains a high degree of professionalism with all customers at all times, and solicits customer feedback to improve service.
* Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, responds well to questions, and demonstrates group presentation skills.
* Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
* Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
* Aggressively looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Internal and External Interfaces:
* Brand Marketing
* Product Development
* Consumer Insights & Research
* Other Finance/Accounting functions
* Outside consultants
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
* Bachelor's degree with a concentration in finance and/or accounting
* Requires 2 to 4 years of operational finance experience supporting sales, marketing, or product development
* Proven experience with financial modeling, analysis, forecasting, budgeting methods and tools
* Expertise with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, and experience with Hyperion Financial Systems is desirable
* The position requires very little overnight travel, but occasional weekend and evening work may be necessary.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and sit
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable of performing each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements herein are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: Fast-paced corporate office environment. Some stress may occur. Travel around scheduled projects such as program rollouts may be necessary.
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results outlined herein.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled