Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Financial Reporting Analyst based in Houston, Texas.
This position will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and recording monthly journal entries.
- Assist with the monthly accounting close and preparation of monthly financial management report.
- Prepare quarterly analyses of PL and balance sheet accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly cash flow statement.
- Prepare quarterly earnings release schedules and disclosures for the 10-Q/K.
- Assisting with internal and external audit requests, as well as other special projects.
- Complete quarterly and annual government reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related degree
- 2 years accounting experience
- Be able to complete accurate and timely work while meeting deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and with others
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Financial reporting experience preferred
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status