Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
The Financial Analyst I under direction of Manager of Financial Analysis or an appropriate designee assists in the preparation and presentation of results of projects and the business unit to management. Also assisting in the monitoring of financial and schedule performance of projects
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Assists in completion of quarterly profit and loss statements for all assigned programs.
- Assists in the preparation and presentation of results of projects and the business unit to management.
- Assists in the monitoring of financial and schedule performance of projects.
- Assists in preparation of monthly Earned Value reports and billings for specified programs.
- Provides weekly/monthly reports and analysis of Budget/Cost Analysts group performance.
- Working with Program Planners and Cost/Schedule Analysts, assists in the creation of project budgets and links to critical milestones for new programs.
- Assist in the development of the processes for consolidating and analyzing the financial results for programs.
- Participate in Process Improvement teams
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of results of programs to management
- Supports accounting in preparation of monthly closing reports.
- Performs additional duties as needed to ensure completion of the PP&C charter.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Work under direct supervision of the Financial Analyst III or manager.
- Understands company policies regarding Budget and Cost matters.
- Ability to obtain data as needed.
- Vice Presidents of Business Units
- Business Unit Business Managers
- Program Managers
- Project Managers
- Project Schedulers
- Financial Analysts
Education (Highest Level Required/Preferred): Bachelor degree required.
Specific Degree Field: Required: Accounting or Finance related.
Functional (Using Skill Set) : 1-3 years
Industry : 1-3 years
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- Ability to analyze problems & provide innovative solutions.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures & analytical / planning techniques & methods.
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must possess high standards of ethics and integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills to communicate with all levels of staff.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance from an accredited college/university.
- Prefer 1-3 years progressive financial experience in a manufacturing environment.