The Financial Analyst II provides financial analysis and accounting support in the Financial Services department.
- Working with the Finance team, provide monthly analysis of Joslin’s business divisions.
- Along with the Assistant Controller, develop processes to monitor and analyze Joslin’s revenue agreements.
- Works with the various business divisions to continuously develop and enhance the reporting needs.
- Assists with the annual budget, and periodic forecasts.
- Support Assistant Controller in month end close process.
- Work with the Accounting Manager and Purchasing Clerk on Vendor pricing analysis and contract negotiations.
- With the aid of the Assistant Controller, collate and prepare information for government surveys and insurance renewals, and the IRS Form 990.
- Analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to identify trends and benchmarks.
- Prepare financial analysis and other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; MBA preferred
- Minimum 3 years of progressive experience
- Experience in Healthcare/hospital finance environment (Non-profit experience desired)
- Lawson, Cerner and Cayuse software experience a plus
- Good understanding of Accounting principles
- Advanced Microsoft applications skills, including but not limited to: Excel, Word
- Experience with databases, key data extraction, modeling, and budgeting.
- Ability to communicate on one-to-one basis to educate managers on financial issues impacting their budgets
- Ability to prioritize assignments to complete work in timely manner when there are changes in workload and pressures of deadlines.
Joslin Diabetes Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Memberships
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Military Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Professional Development
- Subsidized Commuting
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off