Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. Advanced Products Group has a job opportunity for a full time Financial Analyst II in Chesapeake, VA.
Summary: Responsible for the monitoring, reporting and forecasting of a group's financial metrics. Reports to the General Manager, Advanced Products
- 3-5 years of accounting for a manufacturing operation is required.
- Significant government contracting experience, including knowledge of Fixed Price, Cost Plus and T&M contracts as well as the different indirect rate calculations is a strong positive.
- Responsible for ensuring revenue is recognized correctly for all projects within the analyst’s organization. This requires an understanding of key accounting pronouncements such as SAB 104 and SOP 81-1 which govern the different revenue recognition methodologies including units shipped, services and warranty accounting.
- Prepare, analyze and present financial reports including key information about the Group’s performance comparing results against plan and forecast and investigating and explaining any variances.
- Inventory control and reporting including managing Work in Process to ensure costs are accurately accounted for in inventory or cost of goods sold and that revenue and cost are recognized accurately upon shipment, delivery or completion of service.
- Conduct periodic counts of inventory and propose and explain any required adjustments to Accounting.
- Analyze data and information throughout the reporting period in order to ensure the group is able to close the period on time and so that the analyst is prepared to support management decisions with accurate and timely information.
- Attend contract set up meetings and set projects up in the company’s ERP (Deltek-Costpoint).
- Develop Annual Operating Plan, Forecasts and Monthly Financial Reviews
- Evaluate funding for each project and provide timely information to management and contracts to ensure funding is adequate to complete jobs.
- ERP point of contact for the Group. Ensure all within group have the information and access necessary to use the ERP.
- Accounts receivable oversight and assisting customer collections
- Timesheet and expense report oversight
- Month-end processing, adjustments, and accruals
- AP/GL coding and corrections as-needed
- Contract close-outs and project reconciliation for rate variances, open commitments, de-obligations, etc.
- Weekly labor reports and project charging for the group
- Occasional travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience including supervisory experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially using Excel spreadsheets.
- Broad knowledge of accounting and full understanding of the general ledger accounts and how they relate to projects.
- Knowledge of Deltek-Costpoint.
ADA Notations/Work Environment:
- Typically works in an office environment. Noise conditions range from very quiet to some noise.
- Prolonged sitting, typing, keyboarding and use of computer.
- Regular communication (hearing/speaking).
- Vision requirements include: close, distant, color perception, peripheral, depth and ability to focus.
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.