Typical Core Duties
- Conduct complex financial analysis and update financial models and projections
- Analyze and project budgets and financial activity for multiple programs
- Provide technical advice and problem resolution for a school/unit financial community
- Enhance, produce and distribute unit-specific planning materials; develop and produce materials to facilitate annual budget planning and financial monitoring of budget-to-actuals at the local level
- May consolidate local budgets to facilitate the upload process
- Review financial data and explore options for report development within University financial applications
- Ensure financial compliance with University policies and procedures and applicable legal rules and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience
- Relevant professional/graduate degree and / or 3+ years of financial management or consulting experience a plus.
- Candidates should have experience with or interest in scenario modeling.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate accuracy, attention to detail and a customer-service orientation.
- Familiarity with financial management, University, or not-for-profit environments a plus.
- All applicants must demonstrate comfort with ambiguity, organization, and familiarity with financial concepts.
- Must be well organized, flexible, and able to manage multiple challenging projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Applicants must also have collaborative working style and ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels of the organization.
- Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background screening.
- Harvard University is unable to provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship.
- This position has a 90-day orientation and review period.