Typical Core Duties
- Provide analytical and quantitative analysis to support decisions related to the preparation of the annual budget, mid-year forecasts and multi-year financial plans
- Develop reporting for use in financial planning
- May function as subject matter expert and/or project lead
- Advise unit/school on financial questions (e.g., endowment planning, sponsored awards, and capital planning considerations) in support of financial processes
- Design and deliver presentations that educate School leadership on key financial issues
- Work closely with other groups within the school/unit finance area to better understand University-wide financial management issues that inform planning, reporting and analysis
- Provide staff mentoring and training
- Ensure financial compliance with University policies and procedures and applicable legal rules and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 7 years’ relevant work experience
- MBA (or other relevant professional/graduate degree) a plus;
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills, including experience presenting to senior (“C-level”) leadership.
- All applicants must demonstrate experience with designing and executing strategy-based financial analyses, including scenario modeling.
- Must be well organized, flexible, and able to manage multiple challenging projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Applicants must also have collaborative working style and ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels of the organization.
- Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background screening.
- Harvard University is unable to provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship.
- This position has a 90-day orientation and review period.