Under the direction of the Vice-President of Finance, this position is responsible for analyzing, researching, interpreting and reporting complex issues with little or no guidance. To include serving as a core member of the overall team and being responsible for providing analytical support of the Operating Budgets, Financial Statements, Forecast, Decision Support, Productivity Reporting, Cash Management and leading assigned projects. In addition, it provides assistance to management in operational areas by developing new reports and analyses, and provides a greater level of understanding of existing reports, and integrating their use into the decision making process. Supports and promotes the use and understanding of other management systems as appropriate and assists in the development of business plans, variance analysis, pro formas and adhoc reporting. As a member of the Finance team, this role is expected to lead efforts in improving financial processes ensuring reporting accuracy and building relationships in the organization that achieve these goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Works under the supervision of the VP-Finance to develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all areas of Ambulatory operations, CHRISTUS Health system office, and peers.
* Provide guidance to Regional & corporate contacts and other team members, serving as a lead member of the Decision Support and Finance teams, by performing independent research to guarantee the proper treatment of transactions.
* Drive process improvements in the department to ensure the team becomes more efficient.
* Build and maintain relationships that motivate, guide and encourage others to achieve the goal of accurate and timely reporting and serve as a liaison between the ambulatory team and corporate accounting functions (i.e. financial reporting, treasury, tax, accounts payable, etc.)
* Share in the overall responsibility for the integrity of the data contained in our different systems.
* Responsible for reviewing and testing the reasonableness of own work and work of others.
* Handles data requests from operations personnel, by writing/running ad hoc reports on our financial and decision support systems and prepares budgets/forecast/analysis and proformas.
* Works with regional and facility departments to understand monthly reports and budgets.
* Research and work on financial and/or accounting issues in collaboration with regional management and CHRISTUS Health system associates in order to maintain the integrity of financial information.
* Demonstrates adherence to the CORE values of CHRISTUS Health and demonstrates competence to perform assigned responsibilities
* Performs all duties in a manner that protects the confidentiality of patients and does not solicit or disclose any confidential information unless it is necessary in the performance of assigned job duties.
* Coordinate special projects assigned by the VP-Finance.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
* Master's degree in Accounting, Finance preferred
* Ability to analyze complex accounting and financial issues
* Proficient in Microsoft Office products required
* Extensive knowledge of accounting functions and healthcare industry
* Excellent organizational skills
* Deadline-oriented and ability to multi-task
* Demonstrated leadership in teamwork, special projects, and complex assignments
* Self-motivated team player with the ability to work independently on special projects and complex assignments
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of personnel in a large organization
* Knowledge of Meditech, stratajazz, hpm ,monarch,visionware, Microsoft access preferred.
* Seven or more years of advanced experience in financial and operational analysis
* Experience in the healthcare industry.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
* No certification required; but CPA preferred