The FP&A Analyst is a key player in the Financial Planning & Analysis initiatives for ABM’s Business & Industry Group (B&I). B&I is our largest industry group and encompasses janitorial, facilities engineering, and parking services for commercial real estate properties, sports and entertainment venues, and traditional hospitals and non-acute healthcare facilities.
The ideal candidate for this role combines strong business acumen and technical knowledge to develop and deliver tools and analysis, which will enable informed and targeted decision-making, driving our business strategy and performance.
- Aid in development of financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Review of bid pricing and P&L pro-forma to coordinating pricing effort, gathering/validation of key cost components to ensure maximization of the ABM margin profile and risk mitigation
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Work closely with Service Quality Manager(s) from Shared Services to ensure seamless flow of information in support of financial close and other analytics.
- Lead and manage a team of financial analysts.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, labor, and all other expenses to facilitate and support timely and definable planning and decision making.
- Create and maintain integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, and reports.
- Create ad-hoc reports using data from a variety of sources to answer questions posed from management. Develop and communicate key informational models as needed to analyze certain business trends. Ensure the integrity of financial models and projections.
- Provide financial and business support in the identification and analysis of a wide range of financial issues.
- Responsible for the preparation of information, analysis and recommendations for management throughout the division and for corporate management.
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned or required.
Education, Required Skills & Competencies
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or a related field is required; advanced degree preferred.
- Five (5) plus years progressively responsible related experience is preferred.
- Experience and technical knowledge in a wide range of finance-related areas, including financial planning, analysis and reporting.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to compile technical data and prepare technical and analytical reports.
- Strong modeling and analytic skills utilizing spreadsheet software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 and newer; particularly (Excel)
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency in supervision of spreadsheet and database applications.
- Experience using JDE 8.12 is a plus.