Aspiring to help people live healthier lives isn't just a goal we're after—it's the only thing we're after. And we have the know-how to help make it a reality for millions. As a Financial Analyst with UnitedHealth Group, you'll work on an elite team with experts who are guiding our success and writing our future. Learn more by applying today!
This position is part of a team responsible for management and execution of our provider incentive programs known as Additional Compensation Programs (ACP) including system setup and maintenance; incentive reporting, calculation and distribution; and incentive research and reconciliation. As part of this team, the Financial Analyst will be the involved in the processes around the reporting, calculation and distribution of incentive payments. This includes direct involvement and analysis in areas such as provider income statements, month end close process, and payment documentation including preparation and submission of payment requests.
Prepare provider income statements.
Reconcile, analyze and review network income statements in preparation for month end close.
Research stakeholder questions and provide solutions.
Coordinate with other teams both internally and externally involved with the process.
Document process changes and procedural documents.
Ability to work efficiently with large data sets (1 M+).
Skilled at problem solving, follow-through and resolution.
Perform analyses of issues, participate in development of potential solutions, and make recommendations to ensure accurate and timely resolution.
Recommend and drive process improvements.
- Work is self-directed and not prescribed.
- Experience with financial operations is beneficial.
- Other projects as assigned
As rapidly as technology advances, you'll need to be just as quick at adapting and adjusting. And you'll also need to be fully committed to working on agile and collaborative teams, where your discipline and dedication will make all the difference to your team's achievements.
- Undergraduate degree in finance (or related field) or equivalent experience.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to analyze, interpret and implement incentive plans.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, Access, Word required).
- Ability to learn and understand the interdependencies of computer systems quickly.
- Ability to help others work independently, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels within and outside the company. Possesses written communication skills enabling independent handling of correspondence and proofreading of complex legal agreements, letters, reports and other documents.
- Demonstrated customer service skills in a professional business environment. Tact, diplomacy and sensitivity to respect confidential information.
- Work schedule flexibility, including availability for overtime as needed.
- Participation in the development/maintenance of computer systems.
- Previous experience with incentive or commission processes and systems.
- Previous experience with Medicare and/or the healthcare insurance industry.
- Proficient with PowerPoint and Visio
- Strong knowledge of all UHG and UHC Medicare & Retirement policies and regulatory requirements for physician incentive programs.
Strong knowledge of compensation plans and processes.
Strong understanding of ACO incentive programs and financial calculation
Working knowledge of Medicare products.
Strong knowledge of other finance processes.
At UnitedHealth Group, we're making a difference in the lives of millions of people. That's a lot of responsibility and a chance to do your life's best work.SM
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
CitizenshipStatus: Other Visa Accepted
Function: Financial Planning & Analysis
BusinessSegment: Medicare and Retirement
Division: Underwriting & HCE
Shift: Day Job