Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Analyst, Financial is responsible for conducting and providing comparative analysis of actuals to budget, forecast, and prior year. The Analyst, Financial is also responsible for assisting in the development of business forecasts and budgeting.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides various performance analytics reports; compares actuals to budget, forecast, and prior year.
- Researches, interprets, develops, and recommends financial and accounting concepts and/or techniques for financial planning and budgeting.
- Develops an understanding of the key systems, concepts, and approaches used in the forecasting and budgeting process.
- Develops templates for Cost Center Managers to load budgets and forecasts; partners with Managers to load budgets and forecasts to the planning system.
- Prepares training materials and conducts training to on use of financial planning systems
- Recommends and implements process improvement changes as related to forecasting and budgeting.
- Develops multiple cross-functional relationships that prove critical in obtaining information to determine future financial performance.
- Assists in the development of the budgets, volume and expense planning, and other financial requirements.
- May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
Somewhat independent; working under general instructions and expected to determine how to accomplish the work assignments. Involved in analysis of operating expenses of approximately $600M.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, synthesizing complex or diverse information.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints, varying writing style to meet needs and or speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Managing project team and communicating changes and progress.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to exercise discretion while managing confidential information.
- Develops and coordinates projects, project plans, and completing projects on time and within budget.
- Knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, and Internet software.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor's degree required from four-year College or university and 2+ years related experience; or equivalent of experience and higher education
Office environment; noise level is usually minimal.
Occasional travel - < 10% of time.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.