Senior Analyst of Merchandise
About the Company:
Acuity Eyecare Group (AEG) is a rapidly growing community of wholly-owned Optical Retail shops that practice Full-Scope Optometry adjacent to a well-run Dispensary. We are building a collection of top local Optical Retail businesses – primarily OD-owned – and integrating them onto the AEG platform. In the process, we maintain the local retail brand, OD staff, Store Associates, Patients/Customers – while making investments that enable the team to take better care of the patients and customers in their neighborhood. The core purpose that unifies all of our Doctors and Associates is to “improve the health of our community by helping our neighbors see better and look their best, one patient at a time”.
We are a young and growing company that is supported by Riata Capital Group – a fast moving Private Equity firm with a proven track record of success in the Optical Industry. Today, we have 85 practices under 8 different local retail brand names across 8 states – with a vision to exceed 300 locations covering more of the U.S. within 5 years.
We are assembling an all-star team of experienced professionals to help build AEG into the best place to work, shop, invest, and have an outstanding patient experience.
The Senior Analyst ofMerchandise(Senior) s responsible for managing the analysis of sales, inventory and gross profit results and projections for all merchandise categories (Frames, Lens, Contacts and Accessories. The data analyzed will be from on line reports as well as reports generated from our data warehouse driven reports. The Senior will be the lead management member in developing the reports and presenting their findings and recommendations to the CFO, CEO and Head of Merchandise and other functional departments as needed. Also, the Senior will participate in (potential) new acquisition due diligence and analysis as directed by the Chief Financial Officer
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes Gross margin and gross profit dollar results and opportunities for frames, lenses and contacts including differences in insurance and self-pay customers
- Develops ad hoc reporting for problem solving and sales growth opportunities.
- Makes high level recommendations to CFO based on analytics findings on a regular basis.
- Manages obsolescence product “targets” write off timing recommendations.
- Works cooperatively with cross functional partners on analytical results and needs and participates on projects as agreed to and co-managed by Director of FP&A and CFO.
Required Skills and Experiences
- College degree is preferred and/or a strong track record of achievement in merchandise analytics for 3 or more years.
- Optical retail experience is preferred but not required.
- Has the ability to analyze data and share conclusions with others via written and verbal communication.
- Must understand the critical nature of how analytics recommendations and implementation effects the operation of stores.
- Must be comfortable in the area of working with information technology staff to ensure that reports are formatted and populated with totally accurate data.
- Strong communication skills are required as meetings with staff and vendors will be a regular part of this individual’s job.
- Location: Dallas preferred, but flexible
- Competitive Base Salary
- Annual Bonus plan
- Expense Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, Life