Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we believe that positive financial results are what fuel our growth and keep us at the top of our industry. As the Financial Analyst/Office Manager, you will support the Operations Planning and Analysis (OP&A) group by analyzing important data and creating insightful reports in key areas such as budgeting and financial forecasting. You’ll also manage the office and oversee some of the employee engagement activities. This is an opportunity for you to roll up your sleeves and grow as a professional, ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Ensure Purchase Orders (POs) have appropriate funds to be invoiced against and coordinate all related issues
- Collect invoicing data, prepare invoicing and review invoices for accuracy
- Design, prepare and update complex Excel spreadsheets and cost models to support resource planning, forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis
- Manage the office, assist with site purchasing, and help plan and facilitate employee engagement activities
- Prepare monthly reporting package comparing actuals vs. budgets for internal management review
- Investigate cost variances; work closely with business unit stakeholders to identify root causes of larger variances and to seek opportunities to reduce costs
- Learn the site operations that drive financials; identify, measure and track key performance indicators (KPIs) and other operational and financial metrics
- Perform impromptu budget investigations; seek continuous improvement in reports and reporting processes to improve content and minimize the level of effort required to produce and distribute reports
- Troubleshoot reporting issues and data anomalies
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Statistics, or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience in financial planning and analysis
- Experience working with databases and writing queries
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
It’d be great if you also have:
- Familiarity with supply chain/logistics operations management concepts
- Experience designing dashboard-style reports
- Strong analytical skills
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.