Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Work within the Global Treaty Genius environment to handle various Reinsurance related Accounting and Financial functions. Ensure the timely collection of Third Party Reinsurance recoverables. Monitor and analyze statistical and accounting Reinsurance data, reconciling financial activity/accounts with COG business units, brokers and reinsurers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with brokers and reinsurers to ensure the timely collection/settlement of account balances.
- In the GT Genius environment, establish Treaties and reinsurance structures, apply cash receipts/disbursements promptly, registering Treaty adjustments while efficiently maintaining ledger balances.
- Utilize PCW/other systems to reconcile balances, prepare management reports and complete Proof/Notices of Loss/Accounts for XOL and Proportional Reinsurance activity.
- Review and reconcile accounting and statistical data to ensure the data integrity and accuracy of reported Reinsurance data.
- Review technical data by treaty and prepare adjusting entries as necessary to ensure correct P&L for both reporting and billing purposes.
- Assist with quarterly reporting requirements on 3rd Party Reinsurance Recoverable balances.
- Assist with the annual treaty renewal process for various line of business.
- Research and reconcile accounting activity in response to special requests generated inside and outside of the department.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as required to achieve the overall objective of the position.
- Reports to unit Manager in Global Treaty Department
- In-force book as well as run-off activity
- Internal/External Service Partners
- Major brokers/Reinsurers in the London and US markets
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or equivalent experience.
- Insurance and reinsurance accounting knowledge a plus
- Excellent communications skills – oral & written.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at the same time while meeting closing schedules and deadlines.
- Excellent personal computer knowledge and experience. Ability to work with wide-range of software.