Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. (NYSE:ARE), an S&P 500® urban office REIT, is the first and longest-tenured owner, operator, and developer uniquely focused on collaborative life science, technology and agtech campuses in AAA innovation cluster locations. Founded in 1994, Alexandria pioneered this niche and has since established a significant market presence in key locations, including Greater Boston, San Francisco, New York City, San Diego, Seattle, Maryland, and Research Triangle. Alexandria is known for its high-quality and diverse tenant base. Alexandria has a longstanding and proven track record of developing Class A properties clustered in urban life science, technology, and agtech campuses that provide its innovative tenants with highly dynamic and collaborative environments that enhance their ability to successfully recruit and retain world-class talent and inspire productivity, efficiency, creativity, and success. For more information, please visitwww.are.com.
We are seeking a Financial Analyst in our Pasadena headquarters office. The incumbent will be a highly skilled individual with an accounting and analytical background, and a strong technical accounting skillset who enjoys working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. He/she must also possess proficient excel skills, and have the ability to communicate effectively.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions, marital status, registered domestic partner status, family-care status, veteran status, military status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for updating and maintaining property-level Argus projections and other aspects of the Company’s corporate REIT earnings projection model, including the following:
- Prepare and distribute strategy call notes
- Process leasing assumption changes in Argus
- Review executed and draft leases for accurate interpretation of the leasing terms in Argus
- Periodic rollup of projection data from Argus into the projection model
- Periodic upload of projection data into JD Edward and perform subsequent analyses
- Prepare financial and significant lease assumption analyses
- Perform accounting and peer research when required
- Analyze and forecast various operating and financial metrics
- Responsible for various finance and special projects
- Communicate with the Accounting Department and Regional Asset Managers on any variances or issues identified
- Assist the Financial Reporting team with quarterly and annual reporting requirements, including the preparation of various financial reporting schedules
- Perform property level and ad-hoc analyses
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration.
- CPA, CFA, or MBA preferred
- 2+ years of related experience preferred
- Public accounting experience highly preferred
- Real estate background is a plus
- Understanding of leasing highly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Advanced Excel skills is a plus
- GAAP knowledge is preferred
- Experience of JD Edwards is a plus
- Experience of Argus is a plus