As a key member of the Finance team, the Analyst provides analytical support to the Finance and Accounting group in order to drive business results. The role delivers analysis as part of the finance processes, linking financial results to operational performance drivers, interfaces with internal customers and stakeholders in the business segment and corporate finance functions, drives continuous improvement to deliverables and processes supporting these customers. This position is expected to provide both financial and strategic business leadership and communicate effectively with senior management. Responsibilities also include assisting in month end close. This role provides an opportunity for an ambitious and fast learning accounting team member to join a company where the finance team acts as a critical partner in support of a growing organization.
Your Wonderful Purpose:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Understand financial operations of the business and educate others inside and outside the Finance/Accounting group about the financial performance of their respective area
* Assist in the preparation of monthly close, variance explanations; prepare Journal Entries, general ledger analysis, and other accounting related processes
* Assist in budget preparation and forecasting expenses and financial results
* Manage monthly reporting models, including presentation of financial results to senior leadership
* Analyze key business statistics, trends and drivers, including inventory variances, bill of materials and standard costs
* Analyze large volumes of data and present in a concise and intuitive manner; interpret data to explain past financial performance and project future results and formulate a coherent story with clear, easy to follow conclusions and implications
* Own certain P&L line items in order to help make financial decisions with data driven insights
* Utilize Oracle financial system information and Power BI to develop and communicate value-added reporting tools
* Assist operations group with ad-hoc analytical projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Superior analytical and reporting skills with the ability to resolve issues and develop new processes when necessary
* Activity Based Costing and Standard Costing experience is desired
* Knowledge of food/beverage manufacturing business
* Ability to perform financial and operational analysis, including ability to effectively communicate findings and recommendations.
* Advanced knowledge of Excel is required - demonstrated experience with pivot tables, formulas and external data sources
* Oracle or similar ERP system experience highly preferred
* Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and work quickly/accurately under pressure
* Should be organized, goal oriented, energetic, team player and responsive
* Flexibility to work additional hours as needed
2-5 years of progressive experience in accounting, finance or related field. Financial analysis and/ or cost accounting experience in a mid to large size manufacturing environment, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
The Wonderful You:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and ERP Systems Experience.
Wonderful's dedication to you:
* Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
* Subsidized gym membership.
* On-site subsidized high end cafe offering farm to table meals and snacks.
* Free on-site yoga classes and other wellness-focused activities.
* Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
* Free tobacco cessation programs.
* Work-Life balance.
* All the FIJI Water and Wonderful snacks you may want in the office.
* Discounted tickets to various LA attractions.
* We are bicycle-friendly, with newly installed bicycle racks available to all LA-based employees.
POM Wonderful is the largest grower and producer of fresh pomegranates and pomegranate juice in the United States as well as the worldwide leader in fresh California pomegranates and pomegranate-based products, including our 100% pomegranate juices, healthy juice blends and teas sold in the iconic double-bubble bottle. With nearly two million pomegranate trees in Central California, we grow, handpick and juice our own pomegranates to ensure the highest quality. Sold throughout the world and in the vast majority of North American retailers, our selection of products includes pomegranate-based juices and teas, fresh fruit when in season, and fresh arils.
POM Wonderful is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4.6 billion company with 10,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful® Pistachios America's fastest-growing snack brand. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful® into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI® Water is the No. 1 premium imported bottled water in America. JUSTIN® Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora® is the world's leading floral delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a longstanding commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $400 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $100 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Please click here to view our Privacy Notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled