JOIN THE BUNCH OF MALARKEY
Today's Talent, Tomorrow's Success
Malarkey takes pride in selecting our most important asset our employees. Become a part of our mission to manufacture and deliver innovative, performance driven building products with service and integrity that is unparalleled.
When you join the Malarkey family, you have access to enhanced health care designed to keep you and your family healthy for today and for the future. Malarkey also offers financial wellness planning and contributions to your retirement plan. Our programs allow our employees to thrive and achieve success both at work and in their personal lives. Malarkey offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accident Death and Dismemberment, and a retirement plan.
Malarkey Roofing Products is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The Financial Analyst supports the CFO with preparation of budgets and forecasts, improvement to related processes, analysis of actual results, and reporting of financial performance. The position also performs other financial projects as requested by the CFO or management.
Essential Functions include:
- Responsible for adherence to company policies including safety and the use of personal protective equipment.
- Assists CFO with preparation of budgets and forecasts. using data compiled from departments, Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP) and other sources.
- Analyzes and reconciles actual results against budget and forecast and reports differences in results and expectations to management.
- Assists with process improvement over budgeting and forecasting process, including compiling of information, models and tools used.
- Leads capital expenditure administration process, including AFE preparation, approval process, and project tracking.
- Provides financial analysis to support justification and evaluation of capital projects.
- Provides management with monthly capital expenditure reporting and supports quarterly and annual capital budgeting process.
- Assist with process improvement over capital expenditure tracking and budgeting process.
- Performs Ad Hoc financial analysis and projects as requested by CFO and management.
This position has no direct reports.
Duties and tasks are non-routine and reflect substantial variety and complexity. Applies advanced clerical/support or paraprofessional skills. Adapts procedures and processes to accomplish position requirements. Works under general supervision.
Knowledge, Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree preferred. Must have at least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
Strong Excel skills is required. Must have experience with financial modeling using Excel. Strong analytical skills with the ability to process large quantities of information to evaluate costs, benefits and project outcomes. Must be have the ability to analyze and solve problems while being able to clearly articulate complex ideas and communicate clearly and effectively. Must be detail-oriented with the ability to solve complicated math problems as the job entails the disaggregation of data to form recommendations. They will also be able to work with and understand spreadsheets, financial analysis programs and database functions.
Solid interpersonal, verbal/written communication, and PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously are also essential. Strong time management skills, detail oriented, flexible, able to prioritize multiple projects with strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organization, administrative and creative problem-solving skills required. Able to communicate to all levels of organization in all settings (from individual to large group). Must be very approachable and able to develop strong professional relationships and foster involvement at all levels of organization. Must be able to work 8 hours/day plus overtime as required. Must be able to interface with employees on all shifts.
Mental and Physical Requirements
Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and changing circumstances with a positive attitude. Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others. Ability to meet critical deadlines and work under pressure. Ability to organize and prioritize work on long-term basis. The ability to communicate effectively amongst different departments with all levels in the company.
This position includes continuous talking, hearing, and frequent sitting in front of a computer. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and manipulate keys on a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and hand. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Ability to lift to 50 pounds as needed. This position may require working outside of normal business hours. Tolerance for repetitive work in a fast paced, high productive work environment is necessary.