- Commitment to Quality – Sets high standards. Produces work or delivers service of superior quality. Takes pride in the end product or resulting relationship. Strives to attain results with follow-up and persistence.
- Works efficiently - completes assigned tasks on schedule, able to multi-task and handle multiple demands and competing priorities, eliminate inefficiencies.
- Attitude/Professionalism: Demonstrates flexibility. Not easily frustrated, uses humor to diffuse tension. Treats others with respect and patience. Exhibits a POSITIVE ATTITUDE and ENTHUSIASM for the job!
- Self-starter, able to work with limited supervision. Acts as a leader, involved with the training of less experienced associates.
- Team player – looks for ways to contribute; helps others as needed. Requests additional tasks or assignments to accommodate fluctuating workflow. Works to build strong relationships with all associates in the department.
Ability to read, write, and perform general accounting operations, operate a computer, and operate a calculator. Acquired knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals, policies, and practices. Math aptitude is essential. General accounting courses and certificates helpful. Operating at a high level of productivity and efficiency to meet deadlines in a high volume environment.
- One year increasingly responsible financial analysis experience.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance helpful.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals (GAAP), company's procedures, policies and practices.
- Knowledge of Excel and general computer systems.
- Strong math skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong accounting skills.
- Financial analyst skills.
- Ability to interact effectively and skillfully with other professional associates and management.
- Ability to read and write basic English.
- Ability to perform general accounting operations.
- Ability to operate a computer and a calculator.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, integrity and ethics.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Responsible for one or more sections of related accounting activities. Provides recording, classification, reconciliation, and reporting of accounting data (e.g., accounts payable and accounts receivable).
- Insures that all recording and processing activities are accomplished in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with accepted accounting practice, and statutory and management requirements.
- Provides information to, and assists or directs subordinates in assisting internal, independent and government auditors.
- Explains, interprets, clarifies and enforces internal accounting control requirements.
- May provide customers with information and assistance in resolving accounting discrepancies.
- Either personally or through subordinates, compiles data concerning effectiveness of current systems and procedures by (1) examining internal and external audit reports, (2) discussions with company personnel, (management, data processing personnel and auditors), and external representatives, (regulatory officials and customers), and (3) reading pertinent publications on federal and state statutory requirements.
- Analyzes data, develops and recommends new/revised procedures or systems to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.