KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Summary :
Our Client's team drives business growth and profitability through strategic, financial and operational leadership. Our team is comprised of finance, accounting, supply chain, corporate strategy & development, treasury and tax professionals that support and enhance the client's operating efficiencies.
Come join the finance team as a Senior Financial Analyst, supporting the Consumer Group (CG) - Smart Money team, which combines the power of Mint and Turbo with personalized advice and a marketplace of targeted financial products.
We work in a highly collaborative environment and provide financial support through planning, insights and analysis across all functions – marketing, engineering, product management, customer care, etc – working closely with functional leaders as well as other finance team members.
This position will be responsible for providing decision support and financial analyses to one of the client's fastest growing businesses. We are looking for a creative problem solver with a passion for delivering data-driven insights, with an ability to quickly synthesize information, structure a concise, clear presentation of findings, and articulate recommendations to an executive audience.
- Partner effectively with cross-functional teams, including Product, Marketing, Analytics and Finance to translate business strategies and objectives to financial outcomes;
- Communicate effectively both verbal and written with senior leaders within the Smart Money organization;
- Develop and maintain financial models to project and forecast business performance in the short and long term; lead month-end close, outlook and annual plan process to enable Smart Money to delivery against financial targets;
- Drive various analyses that deliver data-driven insights in a coherent and structured manner to promote business outcomes that accelerate our growth trajectory;
- Lead initiatives to mitigate strategic and financial risks including in partnership with business unit leaders to ensure successful implementation of business strategies.
Desired Skills/ Experience:
To be successful in this role, the candidate must be/have:
- A customer-first mindset and understanding of customer behavior;
- Detail-oriented individual who can quickly and accurately comprehend, manipulate, and prepare complex financial models and analyses from large and complex datasets;
- High degree of organization, individual initiative, intellectual curiosity, personal accountability and a commitment to driving results. A pro-active can-do attitude; a self-starter who is comfortable working independently and with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities simultaneously;
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of portfolio dynamics and drivers. Excellent problem solving skills and end-to-end quantitative thinking;
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills with the capacity to build strong relationships and collaborate across multiple stakeholders at varying levels;
- Ability to tell stories with data, educate effectively, and instill confidence, motivating stakeholders to act on recommendations;
- Proficiency in MS Excel and SQL. Experience with Tableau or other visualization tools is strongly preferred;
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience (experience in consumer financing, investment banking or high growth companies preferred)
- Bachelors or master’s degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, economics, mathematics, finance, or computer science.