The Financial Analyst will independently prepare and support the hospital’s annual operating and capital budgets, under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer and in accordance to corporate goals and policies. Additionally, this position is expected to have a high level expertise in developing financial forecasting models, service-line profitability reports, business planning models, contract analysis by payor, vendor audits, early patient discharge and length of stay analysis, and various other financial operational analysis in support of the mission of the hospital and AHMC Inc. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing executive level reporting in the management of the hospital’s Readmission Reduction Program. Additionally, key reports by physician by DRG will be generated by this position to support the management of the hospital’s average length of stay. Additionally, develops various analytical tools by extracting and analyzing data from the hospital patient accounting and general ledger system (CPSI), Med Assets, Avega, E-Time and other systems. The Financial Analyst will use critical thinking skills, development of macros using excel to optimize efficiency in preparing various financial reports for Administrators and Corporate Executives. This position is responsible for working directly with the DPS, the Controller and the CFO in supporting and validating the patient revenues on a monthly basis as part of the accounting close.
- Prepares and supports the development of the annual operating and capital budget.
- Reviews and audits data to support various cost containment efforts for the hospital.
- Prepares the yearly development and refinement of budgeted standards.
- Prepares ad hoc reports as needed for all administrators and Corporate meetings.
- Uses high level critical thinking skills to create the data extracts from feeder systems.
- Prepares and maintains tables and scales when developing a “home grown” Cost Accounting System.
- Prepares and utilizes functions to develop profitability reports based on Cost Accounting tools.
- Prepares and develops automatic tools for auditing vendor contracts.
- Maintains understanding of health care regulatory changes.
- Maintains understanding healthcare regulatory issues.
- Attends all required Safety Training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, specific job‑related hazards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter and intra departmentally to facilitate the department's/unit's ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent.
- Minimum of two to three years of financial experience within a healthcare environment (preferred).
- Must have healthcare budgeting/decision support experience.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Applications (such as Excel (use of macros & pivot tables) and VBA Programming.
- Experience in a fast-pace environment with ability to multi-task and critical thinking skills.
San Gabriel Valley Medical Center