We are seeking an Financial Analyst for our client whose mission is to assist low-income families in our communities. This position reports to the Controller and is located in the East Bay.
Under the supervision of the Controller, the Financial Analyst is a key role on the team. This newly created position will be a key finance liaison to facilitate programmatic success in advancing the mission of the clinic. The talented individual for this role will have the ability to apply his/her strong financial planning, reporting and analytical skills to problem solve and collaborate with the core accounting team and clinic team to meet all end user requirements. This position will also play a pivotal role through his/her leadership in implementing and rolling out new tools for clinic budgeting, reporting, analysis, and other functions.
- Maintain an excellent level of knowledge regarding medical billing mechanisms and billing/financial reporting and serve as business partner with outsourced billing company.
- Work collaboratively with core accounting team while working as part of the clinic team knowing your presence is an essential function for the clinic to be successful.
- Assist with recommending on improvements for financial reporting and strategies in patient billing.
- Assist with all external funding contract management and financial compliance.
- Ensures that encounter data is submitted to all third-party contract providers according to the term of the contract.
- Research missing and incomplete information resulting in billing errors and denials; identify and resolve account discrepancies.
- Review posted payments from EOB’s to the patient’s billing account in clinic software.
- Performs complex analysis on internal as well as third party information to ensure validity of financial data reported.
- Make recommendations to assist in the management and processing of data/information to enhance knowledge.
- Works with Controller/CFO in determining and achieving financial goals.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and other periodic ad hoc reporting.
- Attend all training as necessary for various eligibility programs, including Medi-Cal.
- Collect financial information and lead the annual UDS reporting process along with clinic management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Controller/CFO.
- Bachelor’s in Finance or Business degree with at least 3-5 years of FP&A work experience. Healthcare OR Clinice experience is a must. Combination of consulting, corporate/non-profit, and FQHC a plus.
- Clinic billing experience and third party payers such as Medi-Cal, and managed care companies.
- Strong Excel (Pivot, VLOOKUP) and ability to build financial models from scratch.
- Adaptive Insight or similar financial planning software experience a plus.
- Attention to details with solid data modeling and thorough documentation follow through. Ability to deliver elegant models that also easily renders for scenario planning and visual reporting.
Financial Analyst (General)