Leaf Groupis a house of digital brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories, including Fitness & Wellness, Art & Design and Publishing. Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate, creative audience.
The Finance team is seeking a motivated and highly analytical Financial Analyst who wants to work in a fun environment with an energetic team from our Santa Monica office.
You will work closely with all levels of management to drive Media and corporate annual budget/forecast, support quarter-end close processes, and manage resource allocation across departments you support. You must be able to communicate effectively with team members and business partners while tailoring their message to suit the audience.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Financial Analyst grows with us.
You'll Report To: Sr. Manager, Finance
A typical day as a Financial Analyst might include:
- Own aspects of Media and Corporate forecast, monthly reporting and financial planning, including payroll, operating expenses and capital expenditures
- Maintain relationships with executives on behalf of FP&A to facilitate effective information sharing and planning
- Own monthly financial and operating metrics tracking
- Analyze trends, research variances and present financial results to senior management
- Support quarter-end reporting and analysis by compiling the financial presentation to the Board of Directors and reviewing SEC filings and earnings press releases
- Tackle ad-hoc projects, including deep-dive expense analyses and presentations
- Develop, implement, and maintain monthly financial and operating metrics and forecasting
- Analyze, research variances, and present financial results to senior management
- Initiate and drive process improvements for greater accuracy, financial control, and efficiency
You'll be successful if you are a personable, motivated and highly analytical team member who loves results and financial planning.
What You Have:
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent) and MBA preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in FP&A, Operations Finance, or Corporate Finance
- Good business judgement and ability to synthesize, analyze, and extract implications from data
- Ability to problem-solve creatively
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and ability to work with large data sets
- Working knowledge of fundamental accounting principles such as accruals, capitalization, depreciation, amortization, and revenue recognition
- Detail-oriented and Self-starter
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Must have great attitude, be self-motivated, self-organized, and hungry to make an impact and constantly develop in a dynamic organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- Experience with Essbase, Hyperion Planning, Oracle a plus
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. Personal accountability goes a long way. We believe we can be the change.
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby's Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 & 2020 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company's Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.