Merchants Benefit Administration is a third-party insurance administrator based in beautiful North Scottsdale AZ. We provide administration services such as billing, collecting, and claims processing for various types of insurance plans. We are seeking a skilled individual who can join our team in the role of Finance Coordinator.
At Merchants Benefit Administration (MBA), we believe our employees are our best asset. If you are goal-oriented and are looking for an opportunity to join a fast-paced and growing organization- we want to hear from you!
What You Will Be Doing At MBA:
1. Generate monthly invoices in administration system for all active membership. Issue invoice adjustments as necessary. Research invoice discrepancies and make necessary corrections.
2. Receive and apply all customer payments to invoices via batch file uploads or manually and adhering to the payment posting guidelines and set turn-around times by MBA.
3. Ensure automatic reoccurring monthly billing amounts are accurate.
4. Issue credits or refunds as necessary to member accounts.
5. Manage payment returns and chargebacks as necessary.
6. Audit system to ensure accuracy, including but not limited to: premium rates, invoice accuracy, payment posting accuracy, past due accounts, etc. Research discrepancies identified and correct as necessary.
7. Prepare and send electronic invoices to promote automatic recurring payment processing. Manage returned email notifications.
8. Prepare and maintain financial reports as required for the department.
9. Review, audit, and ensure accuracy of all premium disbursement files for monthly closing.
10. Create and process ACH files for agent commissions and carrier disbursement.
11. Manage commission returns and notice of change for agents.
12. Internal and vendor communication on all accounting and finance related requests.
13. Prepare outbound calling reports for members for past due, etc.
14. Reconciliation of bank accounts to coincide with billing and premium receipt.
15. Performs other related duties as required.
What Skills You Should Bring to MBA:
· Possesses sound analytical problem-solving and documentation skills.
· Ability to speak, listen and write effectively.
· Detail oriented.
· Ability to work well with managers and employees.
· Ability to perform successfully in highly visible and fast-paced position.
· Understands the value of a project plan. Adheres to established processes and standards. Monitors progress on tasks against plan, and reports status to appropriate people on project issues.
Your Benefit Rewards:
· Short- and Long-Term Disability
· Life Insurance
· Paid Training
· Paid Vacation
· Paid Holidays
· High School Diploma: college or accounting/finance certification preferred.
· Two (2) years accounting and/or finance experience.
· Intermediate-advanced level experience with Microsoft Excel.
· Experience with Microsoft Access and Win Automation is a plus.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times.
*This position requires all potential candidates to complete background checks and a drug screen prior to any offer of employment.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification and has been created to advertise the open position(s). These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. MBA Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer (E.O.E.)