Financial Analyst Senior - 1603638
Develops, interprets and implements financial concepts for financial planning and control.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance.
· Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements and operating forecasts.
· Meets with organizational unit/department managers to discuss and establish timelines and methodologies for completing budgets.
· Researches and compiles data to forecast and prepare annual and monthly budget projections for a division or similar group of organizations.
· Tracks revenue and expenses on a monthly basis, comparing actual to forecasted figures and makes necessary adjustments.
· Performs economic research and studies in areas of rates of return, depreciations, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance and impact of governmental requirements.
· Prepares reports for management summarizing results of research, analyses and evaluation of any discrepancies.
· Gathers and analyzes current data to aid in estimating future expenditures.
· Performs other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field from an accredited four-year college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and experience as required for specific job level
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Good understanding of generally accepted accounting principles as well as company accounting policies, procedures and standards
· Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
· Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
· Analytical and statistical examination skills
· Ability to understand and apply learned concepts
· Attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality
· Demonstrated ability to plan and accomplish work to ensure critical deadlines are met
· Ability to create spreadsheets and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and accounting software
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and public
Expert professional role requiring extensive knowledge of the business. Works independently with only administrative supervision on highly complex projects with extensive latitude for independent judgment. Expected to be primary mentor for others on staff and is a role model for rest of team providing direction and training when requested. Effectively communicates with all levels of personnel. Ability to provide communication on issues or complex information to a wide audience based on knowledge. Participates as a senior member of the team in strategic planning and direction. Develops, documents and implements standards, guidelines, direction and education on process/procedures for staff. Assigned to the most highly visible, sensitive and critical issues. Typically requires a minimum of 7-10 professional experience in a finance role or related discipline. Certification is required.