Position: Senior Financial Analyst
Position Type: Temp to Perm
Position Location: Los Angeles, CA
The Senior Financial Analyst reports to and is under the general direction of the Finance Manager. The role provides leadership, services, advice, and counsel in the financial services in a timely, cost effective manner and in accordance with all Company policy and procedures.
Responsibilities may include:
- Being an expert user of SAP and assist others in the refinery.
- Experience with S4 and Tableau preferably in an Oil & Gas environment
- Being the lead role in monthly closing activities.
- Reviewing cost center activity and reporting results to operations.
- Performing margin analysis and submitting results in CRD.
- Responsibility for Data Integrity related to the monthly closing.
- Analyzing utility costs.
- Preparing monthly accruals as needed.
- Preparing monthly cost forecasts and analysis for review with Refinery management.
- Preparing monthly financial package for Refinery Leadership Team Review.
- Assisting in Budget preparation and long-range plan development and implementation.
- Working with refinery management to coordinate cost and margin budgets.
- Analyzing results and review with Refinery Leadership.
- Loading results into CRD and submitting to headquarters.
- Responsibility for Data integrity related to the Budget and LRP.
- Leading role in SOX controls and audits.
- Being able to learn fundamentals of other refinery accounting roles to back-up and assist.
- Assisting Engineers/Project Coordinators with project data integrity and cost management.
- Ad hoc analysis requests from refinery personnel and Refining Headquarters.
- Preparing Month, Quarter, and year-end accounting and reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assisting in preparing and presenting monthly budget reports including variance analysis and explanations.
- Assisting in margin analyses as needed.
- Assisting with preparation of Solomon data.
- Assisting refinery personnel with account coding issues.
- Assisting Payables personnel with complex issues.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country.
- 3 or more years of related finance / accounting experience.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Confident working in various computer systems (e.g., SAP/ERP (Essbase/Hyperion), etc.)
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Accounting or Finance (with 12 or more hours of Accounting classes).
- Self-motivated, problem-solver, with ability to work autonomously, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and able to meet deadlines.
Ability to work across functions and disciplines
Powered by JazzHR