Financial Analyst Sr
Arizona State University
Financial Services Accounting
Financial Services is currently seeking a Financial Analyst Sr. to perform detailed financial analyses, financial reporting and accounting functions to support the informational needs of various users throughout the University. Assists Financial Services leaderships in the analysis, development and integration of new accounting pronouncements and revised institutional policies and procedures. Exercises discretion and creativity as to work on assignments of a varied nature. Solves complex technical problems utilizing an understanding of interrelationships with other aspects of the university in areas where no precedent exists.
$57,000 - $70,000 per year; DOE
The primary purpose of the Financial Analyst Sr is to assist Financial Services in all phases of financial reporting and analysis. Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Produces proforma reports, forecasting models, financial analysis and ad hoc financial reports;
- Assists with preparation of the University’s comprehensive annual audited financial report including statements, notes and supplementary information;
- Provides technical analysis of accounting guidance, training and support to University departments by utilizing knowledge of, and experience interpreting and applying GAAP, GASB, university and other relevant policies and regulations;
- Reviews and approves accounting transactions prior to posting to the general ledger;
- Ensures that University financial records are maintained in compliance with University policies, GAAP, FASB and GASB;
- Represents and presents on behalf of Financial Services in University wide meetings;
- Reviews monthly variance reports and prepares evaluations of variances.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related areas (or a Bachelors' Degree with advanced accounting coursework) AND four years of auditing, cost accounting and/or financial analysis experience; OR, Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant AND three years of auditing, cost accounting and/or financial analysis experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of an Accounting degree
- Evidence of active CPA designation or other accounting related certification
- Experience with spreadsheet, query and database software
- Experience analyzing financial data, preparing financial forecasts, and variance analysis
- Experience preparing audited financial statements in accordance with GAAP, FASB and/or GASB
- Experience in complying with public university accounting standards and preparation of financial reports in accordance with GASB
- Experience in preparing reports in compliance with GASB non-profit accounting standards
- Experience working collaboratively across departmental functions
- Experience with reviewing processes and implementing internal controls
- Experience in researching accounting questions and standards
- Evidence of effective communication and presentation skills
- Experience working with Workday or PeopleSoft or similar enterprise system in a complex decentralized organization
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work. Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions. Drives University vehicle and/or cart to campus site.
In support of the missions of Business & Finance and Arizona State University, Financial Services serves the university community in a professional, accessible, customer-focused, efficient and innovative manner by processing financial transactions and providing accounting, financial management reporting, financial system training and treasury management services in a timely fashion. Financial Services' mission is to provide a high level of service to the ASU community, along with the necessary financial protection via cost-effective internal controls.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU Financial Services will not be a sponsor for this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Jobs at ASU, enter Req Id# 49290BR or go directly to:
Depends on experience