About Core & Main
Based in St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading distributor of water, sewer, storm drain and fire protection products in the United States. Operating approximately 275 branches nationwide, the company combines local expertise with a national supply chain to provide contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure. Core & Main’s 3,500 plus associates are committed to the safe distribution of water and fire protection to help communities thrive. Visit www.coreandmain.com to learn more.
Gather disparate data from various data sources; analyze and normalize to ensure data integrity for analysis. Provide consistent, relevant and accurate data as well as guidance/knowledge of the data and definitions that are available for analysis.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Serves as a resource to assigned client in area of expertise.
- Gathers and compiles raw data; conducts research for industry trends and benchmarks; and normalizes data to be incorporated into a centralized data format.
- Analyzes, reports, makes comparisons to industry/company benchmarks, determines trends, and prepares cost analyses.
- Defines data definitions and documents data limitations.
- Prepares spreadsheets for data analysis; prepare reports with charts and graphs, mailing lists, maps and ad hoc requests. May make presentations.
- Provides recommendations based on findings and analysis. Provides input on policies and procedures.
- Participates in department and interdepartmental projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assist with financial due diligence / quality of earnings analysis on potential acquisitions; prepare data packs
- Perform valuation analysis of target firms; prepare sensitivities and management presentations
- Participate in integration of acquired firm
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or direct "customers" of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel or professional personnel.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- No travel required.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas.
- Financial Modeling experience
- Expertise in working with spreadsheets, databases, strong understanding of financial concepts and data.
- Experience in aggregating large volumes of financial data for analysis.
- Experience with data analysis in large distribution businesses.
- Certification on database/analysis tools.
- Experience in acquiring data within large multi-system enterprise environments.
- Experience with SAP BPC and Thought Spot