Financial Analyst - Store Finance
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
The Financial Analyst will support the Stores Organization through financial analyses, performance management, decision support, influence, and business insights.
- Design, maintain, and enhance reporting that is distributed to executives and others throughout the organization.
- Ensure key daily, weekly, and monthly reports are delivered accurately and on time.
- Develop a solid understanding of report metrics, data structure, and tools used to produce the reports/mine data.
- Effectively communicate report and analysis results to a variety of stakeholders (including executives).
- Address questions from leadership regarding report contents as needed.
- Utilize a proactive approach through the design of processes that ensure data accuracy/integrity and be able to effectively identify upstream data issues.
- Partner with IT to resolve data issues and to also be a Finance liaison regarding new data needs/requirements.
- Back up other team members as needed including the team.
- Complete adhoc/deep dive assignments as they occur and proactively seek opportunities to conduct analysis that will drive bottom line results for JCPenney.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 0 -3 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Analytics
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with many personalities, timelines, priorities and expectations
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access, Data Management, Data Analytics, SQL, Statistics experience a plus
- Ability to work independently to manage the completion of assignments
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.