Financial Analyst Trainee (
Job Number:327796 )
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
The Global Services team delivers commercial insurance services and solutions to clients of all sizes to help support worldwide insurance programs. Our focus is to provide superior client services for the various product lines across the Chubb organization.Global Services is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to participate in our Trainee Program. This program will help the individual learn, develop, and succeed in a challenging multinational environment. The successful candidate will partake in two or three 12 month rotations encompassing areas of our Finance organization: General Ledger Reporting, Money Movement, and Loss Collections and Billing. They will be exposed to a variety of challenging projects and educational opportunities designed to launch their careers in multinational insurance.This role will report to the AVP of Financial Reporting.
This program has been designed to hone your skills and talents, to help you reach your goals. You will take part in various business training classes that are unique to a career at Chubb, while receiving technical training to deepen your skill level within your chosen discipline:
- Assist with client calls, broker communication and track money movement throughout the world.
- Implement and learn the fundamentals of US multiline underwriting principles, such as risk selection, pricing and underwriting strategy.
- Coordinate reinsurance payments and analyze loss activity.
- Liaise with international Chubb offices to settle receivable balances and provide funding for losses.
- Participate in financial reporting, expense management and departmental metrics.
- B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 0 to 4 years accounting/ insurance industry and/ or treasury experience.
- Good communications skills, as well as demonstrated ability to persuade, negotiate and interface with various levels of internal and external management within a global environment.
- Ability to work effectively with a small team sharing functions and responsibilities.
- Effective problem solving and analytical ability
- Experience with Microsoft products is preferred (Excel, Visio, Access, etc.).
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Posting- Jun 17, 2019, 3:15:49 PM