Title: Financial Assistant – federal Contracting Assistant
Location: Silver Spring, MD – near metro
- Accounts Payable – Track all A/P. This includes direct expenses to specific contracts and overhead expenses. Have knowledge of the difference between direct costs and overhead costs. Accounts payable expenses can include: office supplies, laptops, subcontractor invoices, 1099 contractor invoices, conferences, employee benefits, insurance, etc.
- Accounts Receivable – Complete invoices for all contracts/customers. Submit invoices through various methods (email, several online systems). Track payment.
- Monitor Contract Funding – Continuously monitor funding on contracts and alert program managers when it reaches a certain limit.
- Reporting – Complete quarterly and yearly financial reporting for contracts through various online systems, census reporting.
- Time Sheet Administration – Be the person responsible for all company time sheets. This position will need to create charge codes for new contracts which match with the accounting system. Review time sheets before each payroll, contact Program Managers and employees to fix time sheet errors. Have time sheets ready by a certain date before payroll.
- Payroll – Complete payroll semi-monthly. Enter new employees in the accounting system; enter all personal information, banking, tax, insurance/benefits deductions, etc. to ensure an accurate paycheck. Track all upcoming payroll changes and implement in the correct period.
- Employee Reimbursements – Reimburse employees for various work related expenses. This may include medical reimbursements, cafeteria plan, tuition, general work related expense, travel reports, etc.
- Book travel for employees within certain per diem limits and guidelines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all levels: management, human resources, program managers, customers, employees, benefits providers, etc. Must be able to work well with Human Resources to coordinate new employee hires.
- Professionalism and responsibility to handle private/sensitive information, organization skills, attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree or
- 2 Years accounting experience required
- Job Costing experience is a plus
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint
- Ability to adapt to fast pace environment
- Previous Federal Government Contracting experience