Just-A-Start (JAS) is seeking a mission-driven individual to work collaboratively to provide high quality financial advice and education for low-to-moderate-income residents of Cambridge, learning from the participants’ experiences to help improve the program.
This is a 20 hour per week position with an hourly rate of $19 - $24. Part-time employees of JAS receive transportation benefits, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 20 pro-rated PTO days in the first year, 13 paid holidays, VTO (Volunteer Time Off) and a 401k savings plan with a 3% employer contribution.
- Conduct financial coaching sessions in accordance with the best practices established by the Money Management Essentials coaching curriculum
- Present on financial topics to a group of students or community members
- Schedule coaching participant meetings for self and program manager
- Complete data recording following coaching sessions
- Suggest program improvements
- Keep current and pursue continuing education on financial topics
- High school or equivalent
- Successful completion of the Money Management Essentials course through the AFCPE within 90 days of hire (cost of attendance covered by Just-A-Start)
- Previous coaching or counseling experience preferred
- Ability to work in a strengths-based, empowerment model
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Skilled in Microsoft Office
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group and establish strong professional relationships
- Sensitive to the factors that affect economic mobility
- Bi-lingual in Spanish, Haitian Creole, Bengali, Amharic or Chinese preferred
Just-A-Start is a community-based, not-for-profit organization. Our mission is to promote equity by creating access to stable housing and building pathways to economic opportunity. The Housing Resources Department served over 2,000 people last year by providing innovative eviction prevention, mediation, resident services, home improvement loans, and financial coaching services. Since 1968, JAS has been serving residents of Cambridge and surrounding communities to empower individuals and families to meet their potential. Visit us at www.justastart.org to learn more.
Just-A-Start is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our staff represents a wide range of ages, races, interests, and backgrounds working together in pursuit of common goals. We strive to provide an environment that values diversity and promotes an inclusive culture. Applications from women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.
Due to COVID-19, most JAS staff are primarily working remotely, with limited hours in the office. This position is on-site at JAS headquarters in Cambridge. The office is at 25% capacity and safety protocols are in place.