ProMedica is a locally-owned, nonprofit health system providing quality health care services to 27 counties in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We’re a network of hospitals, physicians, health care professionals, researchers, and specialty clinics and facilities. We offer a full range of diagnostic, medical, and surgical specialties in areas such as emergency medicine and trauma, heart and vascular, oncology, orthopedics, neurology, women’s services, and children’s services.
The ProMedica Financial Opportunity Center Coach will work closely with other departments including community advocacy, clinical providers and Paramount. In addition, the coach will work with external partners delivering community programs and services. The coach will provide direct coaching services to Financial Opportunity Center participants. Employment and career coaching includes working with clients to develop resources and soft skills needed to increase income and achieve gains in long-term employment. The Financial Coach is responsible for assisting clients in developing plans of action that are intended to help the client reach their goals and achieve financial stability. The coach will also conduct classes and workshops on topics such as budgeting, credit building and banking products. The FOC coach will use strong organization and planning skills, coaching experience and Salesforce FFT to ensure the effective delivery of employment, financial and income supports coaching services to low to moderate-income individuals, as well as effective data collection.
- Engage clients in long-term, one-on-one coaching services including assessing financial situations and helping clients develop realistic spending , saving, and debt management plans, improving or building credit, developing emergency savings funds, building assets (retirement, education, housing, etc.) and increasing income and gains in long-term employment.
- Assist client in resolving current financial situations, while providing a wide lens of their financial health to shift the approach to proactive financial management.
- Work with client to complete a detailed financial assessment.
- Work with client to document a budget and provide strategies for budget improvements.
- Access the clients credit report/score and provide strategies for credit building.
- Document the clients balance sheet and provide strategies for increasing net worth.
- Outcomes tracking-track the stories and successes of program participants.
- Use Salesforce, a client management system, to document and reflect the outcomes of their clients accurately and in a timely manner.
- Completing combined financial assessment for financial counseling clients.
- Working with the LISC/FOC team to ensure that any changes to the client’s assessment (new job, new benefit, and change in credit score) is properly documented.
- The financial coach will conduct workshops as a means of outreach and education.
- The classes may be part of a larger job readiness class offered by the FOC, or may be occasional workshops to the public.
- Develop workshop materials or tailor existing materials to meet he needs of the community.
- Workshop topics should be relevant to the community, and may include topics such as: budgeting, savings, banking products, credit building, identity theft and more.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Professional experience defined as 3-5 years working in a non-profit environment.
- Ability to provide financial counseling/coaching services in a culturally sensitive manner. A good financial coach is able to relate well to team members and clients.
- Excellent social/interpersonal skills and writing ability commensurate with the communication and reporting requirement of the position.
- Knowledge and experience in employment, financial and income supports coaching, counseling, and personal finances, particularly in the areas of budgeting, asset building and credit building.
- Must be willing to complete additional certifications within the first 6 months of hire, including but not limited to, Ohio Benefits bank counselor certification, financial coaching, credit counseling, and WorkKeys.
- Must be able to take direction well and follow through on all assignment in a timely manner.
- Experience serving low-income working populations required.
- 3 year working in community programs.
- Must be comfortable in a large group setting, or be able to interface as comfortably in small groups, or one on one. Ability to participate in and help establish educational and training programs and other activities as appropriate is required.
- Physical Demands: Must be able to move about freely throughout work space and between business units to business unit.
- The above list of accountabilities is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; it should not be considered exhaustive.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 28 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 56,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,100 physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 900 healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and nearly 400 assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health. For more information about ProMedica, please visit www.promedica.org/aboutus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace