Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
We are currently searching for a Manager - Finance Compliance to provide technical expertise and leadership in the areas of Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICOFR) and, risk and control initiatives. The Finance Compliance Manager will serve as an integral team member responsible for advancing the function’s maturity while supporting the organization’s transformation and growth strategies.
The preferred candidate must have the ability to analyze complex situations and implement solutions for a multi-billion dollar company with financial operations around the globe. The Finance Compliance Manager will engage closely with a worldwide finance team representing different cultural, education, and professional backgrounds and regulatory environments that differ significantly from those in the US. The Finance Compliance Manager will also engage closely with executive management, compliance team members and external auditors. The ideal candidate is a hands-on, self-starter who possesses strong technical knowledge, outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and a growth-oriented mindset. This individual must be able to effectively communicate with stakeholders when making recommendations on internal controls and policies based on risk mitigation best practices and experience.
- Assist with performing management’s evaluation of ICOFR via risk assessment, planning, and reporting activities. Drive control rationalization and risk and control documentation efforts.
- Perform core project management duties; prepare and communicate results of work to functional and executive management.
- Provide training to key stakeholders on documentation expectations and public company requirements. Stay abreast of leading practices related to governance, risk and control and collaborate with management to deliver internal training and guidance.
- Prepare deliverables to summarize findings, root causes and recommendations in a clear, constructive and timely manner. Monitor deficiency remediation efforts where applicable. Manage audit action follow-up process to verify management actions are implemented promptly.
- Provide support to external auditors in the performance of the audits they have been engaged to perform, including working and serving as liaison for Microchip to the audit partners to ensure alignment and ongoing communication on business process controls and risk mitigation.
- Serve as a team member or leader on various special projects requiring analytical and risk assessment skills, as needed.
- Assist with control implementation requirements associated with mergers and acquisitions.
- Serve as an exemplary role model for the company's values and demonstrate the highest integrity, independence and objectivity.
- Build trusting, service-oriented partnerships with management and develop business acumen of the company’s business model, risk profile and end-to-end processes.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and agility during audits to provide maximum value.
Education and Experience
Minimum of five years of relevant experience with internal controls, internal audit or compliance
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Finance or Accounting
Experience with financial statement and SOX audits
Recent public accounting experience is a plus
Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across teams to achieve desired results
Excellent skill set in Microsoft Excel and flowcharting software
Excellent project management skills
Highly motivated individual with a sense of urgency and ownership
Ability to work effectively with others and also be productive independently
Prior experience in a manufacturing environment, with systems development and implementation projects, working in an international environment and with integrating acquired businesses a plus
Domestic and international travel will occasionally be required
Flexible, roll-up-your sleeves, hands-on attitude and attracted to the challenges and opportunities of working within a collaborative, dynamic work environment
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.