Careers that Change Lives
This position will lead and manage RTG Group G&A. The primary purpose of this position is to provide financial planning and analysis and business partner support for monthly/quarterly/annual planning, forecasting, and actuals. Determine and pursue courses of action necessary in support of continued overall transformation of the RTG controllership function in support of Medtronic’s Enterprise Excellence Strategy. The position serves as business partner for the VP of RTG HR, VP of RTG IT, and Sr. Director of Medical Affairs and Medical Safety. This position reports to the RTG Controller.
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
A Day in the Life
• Coordinate and manage all planning, forecasting, and actuals accounting and financial reporting matters for RTG Group G&A. Manage adherence to approved budgets. Provide valued insights to management.
• Provide business partner support for the VP of RTG HR, VP of RTG IT, and Sr. Director of Medical Affairs and Medical Safety.
• Coordinate and manage the monthly, quarterly, and fiscal year-end close processes for RTG Group G&A.
• Lead quarterly balance sheet review with RTG VP of Finance.
• Lead and strongly influence process to streamline and centralize accounting and reporting across RTG for MIP, LTPP/LTCI and PTO accrual. Determine and pursue best courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
• Assist with monthly/quarterly/annual close and reporting process for Pain Therapies and Pelvic Health, and other special projects as needed.
• Develop strong business partner relationships with key internal and external stakeholders at various levels, including executive leadership. Balance finance perspective with other BU perspectives. Influence within and across the matrix to gain cooperation on operational objectives and issues.
• Manage review of key business processes. Improve upon existing processes and systems. Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to continue innovation across Medtronic’s controllership organization. Encourage best practices and knowledge sharing.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
• BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
• 10+ years of relevant experience in Accounting and/or Finance (8+ with advanced degree)
• Sound accounting (U.S. GAAP), finance and financial controls knowledge
Nice to Have:
• Strong knowledge of finance systems, including SAP, Spend, Global Planning Tool, GFS, and Excel.
•Must demonstrate good judgment, tact, discretion, and diplomacy in decision making
•A high degree of initiative and self-motivation.
•Strong analytical skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to effectively influence management with conclusions
• Strong organization and prioritization skills with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
•An ability to work with all levels of management including executive management.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employeesNorth America-United States-Minnesota