The Financial Consultant will work at our San Mateo - Laurelwood Branch and will meet with Credit Union members to advise, develop, recommend, implement and monitor financial planning and investment products and services. The primary products utilized are mutual funds, annuities, 529 plans and life insurance.
Tasks, Duties and Functions:
* Meet with members to mutually define their personal and financial goals, needs and priorities for the development of individual financial plans.
* Introduce and sell non-deposit investment and insurance products maintaining compliance standards set forth by the NASD, SEC and current broker dealer's compliance officer.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
* Develop, maintain and update member-client information and files in an accurate and compliant manner.
* Conduct member-client portfolio reviews on a periodic basis.
* Meet with assigned branch managers and staff on a regular basis to educate on referral opportunities and to encourage referral activity.
* Work with the Education Department to conduct investment related workshops for management, staff, and/or members.
* Keep up to date and knowledgeable of current investment products offered through our broker/dealer.
* Complete and submit weekly activity reports, annual marketing and business plans, quarterly business plan reviews and other reports as assigned on a timely basis.
* Answer general questions from members in regard to investment and credit union products and services.
* When appropriate promote cross-referrals or cross-sales of credit union products.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
* Sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal, financial calculator, and other standard office equipment, including, but not limited to an adding machine, facsimile machine, and telephone.
* Effective oral and written communications skills to make presentations and discuss products and services.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
* INTERNAL: Management group and staff.
* EXTERNAL: Members, non-members, Securities Dealers, Insurance carriers, various vendors and Credit Union league personnel.
* EDUCATION: Bachelors of Arts degree is desired or equivalent experience in the personal investment field.
* EXPERIENCE: Three years of experience in the sales and delivery of personal investment products and services with at least one year experience in a financial institution.
* KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: FINRA license 7 and 66 (or 63 and 65). Personal computer, oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, knowledge of credit union rules, regulations and policies, knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access, member relations skills, ten key, HP Calculator, and Facsimile machine skills.
* Prolonged sitting throughout the workday.
* Normal corrected vision and hearing range. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
* Frequent travel.
* Valid California driver's license.
* California Insurance Licenses: Life & Disability.
* FINRA license 7 and 66 (or 63 and 65) registration.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled