As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Financial Control Risk (FCR) Student is responsible for supporting the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements as defined within the Voya Content Binder. The FCR Student is responsible for the execution of the SOX testing process including the, control evaluation, test activities, monitoring issue resolution, report activities and risk assessment for assigned areas. This role assumes accountability for specific segments / projects or defined SOX projects. The FCR student would need to be available to commit 12 to 15 hours/week during the school year to work in addition to the summer.
•Executes the test of design and test of effectiveness of in-scope business processes, as defined within the Business Unit Narratives
•Completes testing by collecting, analyzing, interpreting and verifying information. This information is examined to determine whether records and reports contain accurate, reliable, timely, and complete information; and to determine whether controls over records, reports and documentation are adequate and effective
•Documents the procedures used in each testing assignment and participates in the preparation of detailed hard copy and electronic work papers to include: tested control, detailed issues, evidence, and associated risk
•Schedules assignments and manages workload based on agreed upon deadlines
•Completes testing and walkthrough work papers in accordance with standards for E&Y reliance and Voya requirements
•File/administrative tasks as assigned
•Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
•Incoming sophomores to incoming juniors
•Business Administration – Finance & Accounting Majors
•Minimum 3.0 GPA requirement
•Strong work ethic
•Strong analytical skills
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills.