Looking for a rewarding position that leaves you room for family, friends and fun? At Crete Carrier our success depends on talented people who work hard, but value work-life balance. We provide a supportive environment for employees to grow professionally while encouraging their involvement in the Lincoln community we’ve called home for more than 50 years. Crete Carrier offers the security of an established national leader in the freight transportation industry with a family approach that values the contributions of each member of the #CreteFam.
Visit us at www.creteopenjobs.com to become part of the #CreteFam.
As a Financial Controller, you will:
- Supervise and motivate the accounting team to ensure successful completion of accounting duties and reports.
- Work directly with the Corporate Controller, Chief Accounting Officer and other key members of the executive team.
- Establish department goals and objectives, measure progress, analyze results, and make improvements as needed.
- Recommend and implement techniques to improve productivity and increase efficiencies.
- Analyze, compile, and present monthly financial results, including key performance indicators.
- Review monthly workpapers for accuracy and completeness.
- Oversee the preparation of financial forecasts, analyze internal costs and variables, and perform trend analysis.
- Develop regular, ad-hoc, and real-time/exception-based reporting to identify and interpret relevant information.
- Manage the month end close and year end close processes.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of the direct reports.
This position requires an individual who can identify challenges, determine strengths and lead a team in developing strategies to improve our financial performance. The successful candidate will possess proven communication and leadership skills with the independence to proactively solve problems as they may arise. Our ideal candidate would have 5-8 years of previous financial experience—CPA preferred—managing multiple deadlines, forecasting and analysis and maintaining reports. Our goal is to help you excel in your career and earn your potential. If you are looking for a fun, fast paced environment and have the desire to enhance the financial and operational performance of Crete Carrier, then we want to hear from you!
Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8am-5pm.
Compensation: $85,000-$100,000 annually. Other perks include health and dental insurance, vision insurance, 401k, profit sharing, dependent scholarships and so much more!
Are you ready to take the first step in being #MilesAhead in your career with Crete Carrier? Visit us at www.CreteOpenJobs.com to apply today!