- Primary focus of this position is on preparing accurate financial transactions and system input for capital projects and/or facility operations.
- Prepares routine and non-routine project data input to the project mgmt/accounting systems.
- Under general supervision, reconciles and prepares project accounting information (opening, completion potential impairments etc.) with Regional Property Accounting.
- Provides input for cash flow forecasts and prepares routine and non-routine analyses for forecast reports for NFS
- Management and Regional Planning departments.
- Under general supervision, conducts performance monitoring and control functions for specific applications, including the consistent use of applicable procedures.
- With oversight, updates assigned financial reporting, prepare trending information and identify areas that may impact regional financial results for review by Senior Financial
- Analysts and/or Finance Managers.
- Prepares and/or assists in developing key management cost reports.
- Performs data analysis of cost trends and schedule impacts for review by Senior Financial Analysts and/or Finance Managers.
- Works with Property Accounting to ensure that project costs are provided in accordance with KP policies and procedures.
- Under general supervision, tracks project completion status, follow up with appropriate persons including both internal and external business partners for required documentation for project costs capitalization.
- Prepares accruals and journal entries for month end close on operating costs; researches unusual variances during month end close.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works on assignments of moderate scope.
- Works within accepted guidelines.
- Requires moderate planning and scheduling.
- Responsibilities impact the achievement of team and/or department objectives.
- Results usually contribute to the completion of projects and department objectives.
- Typical errors would cause moderate delays, inefficiencies and/or expenses.
- Typically involves interpreting and carrying out general guidelines.
- Requires some judgment to develop alternatives.
- Assume other duties as directed.
- Minimum two (2) years of financial or project controls experience.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or other related construction management discipline, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Working knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- General application of concepts and principles.
- Full use and application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Basic to intermediate level in computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office, email, etc.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum two (2) years in a financial analysis and/or accounting role in architectural, design, contracting, project management or construction environment.