At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve.
Do you have a passion for data? Are you curious about the banking organizations regulated by the Federal Reserve? If so, an exciting opportunity as a Financial Institution Analyst within the Statistics Group awaits you. Our primary focus is to ensure the accuracy and quality of financial data that contributes to the monetary policy and regulatory objectives of the Federal Reserve System. This is an important function as the end users of these data include the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve and other Groups within the Bank, including Supervision and Regulation along with other regulatory agencies and more broadly, the
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Analyze complex financial and regulatory reports data to ensure quality, accuracy, timeliness, and conformity with accounting principles and regulatory requirements.
- Research and evaluate regulations and accounting principles to resolve reporting issues within banking organizations and ensure data integrity.
- Respond clearly and knowledgeably to external and internal requests for information, including providing reporting guidance and explanatory information regarding unusual financial information.
- Participate in onsite reviews of institutions' end-to-end regulatory reporting
- processes (requires some travel).
- Stay abreast of industry, regulatory, and accounting developments.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts, including senior management at institutions and within the Federal Reserve System.
- Contribute towards strategic initiatives at the Group, Bank, and System level.
To be considered for this position, you should be able to demonstrate your proficiency with data analysis and interpretation, familiarity with accounting concepts, communication skills, a growth-mindset, and your innovative approach when taking on new challenges. Additionally, you exhibit strong behavioral attributes, particularly in the areas of collaboration, emotional intelligence, accountability, and critical thinking. Specific qualifications include:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Banking, Data Science, Economics or related.
- 1+ years of related experience, including internships, within the banking industry, regulatory/SEC reporting, accounting for a public company, or auditing.
- CPA eligible candidate.
- Strong time management skills proven by consistently meeting deadlines and balancing shifting priorities.
- Experience collaborating with others to meet goals and deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, demonstrated by:
- Communicating complex issues succinctly
- Adapting communications to audiences internal and external to the organization
- Crafting and conducting effective presentations
- US citizenship required.
We offer a wonderful benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Day Care, Vacation and Sick Days, 10 Paid Holidays, Paid VTO, Matching 401K up to 6% and much more.
The Bank is located at 101 Market Street in San Francisco, CA with easy Bay Area commute access via the Embarcadero BART station and ferries at the nearby San Francisco Ferry Building.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our people proudly reflect the diversity and ideas of the communities we serve. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.