Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
The Financial Leadership Program Internship (FLPi) provides aspiring finance and accounting professionals with a unique experience in corporate finance and accounting. Over the course of the 12-week program, interns sharpen their skills through a variety of experiences including ownership of daily responsibilities, participation in special projects, and completion of a cross-functional community service project. Internship roles are modeled after individual Financial Leadership Program rotations and are designed to challenge interns to learn, adapt, and add value to their teams. Finance interns who excel in the Internship Program will be considered for the Financial Leadership Program or other full-time finance positions.
As interns enter the program, each is assigned a peer mentor to help introduce them to Takeda’s corporate culture and the values and goals of the FLPi. Through formal training and on-the-job experiences, the FLPi is committed to developing interns’ financial, leadership and teamwork skills while exposing them to Takeda’s technologies, product lines and global markets.
FLP interns are typically involved in:
- Financial Reporting and Planning – where they budget, forecast and consolidate information reported to the external community.
- Business Analysis and Decision Support – where they analyze and consolidate financial statements for Takeda‘s business units and functions, including commercial, operations, and R&D.
- Manufacturing/Cost Accounting – where they use general and cost accounting skills to process issues related to day-to-day business and manufacturing operations.
- Corporate – where they address a variety of high-level financial tasks and projects that span across business units and regions.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong academic performance – 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US or otherwise authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
- Good communication and strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrates excellent skills in oral & written communication, organization, team dynamics, and prioritization of tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)