Title: Financial Manager and Cost Analyst
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Odyssey Systems is seeking candidates for Financial Manager and Cost Analyst positions supporting the AFLCMC/HBQ Division.
- Cost Estimator/Analyst
- Financial Manager
Under this contract, Advisory and Assistance Services will be provided in support of activities in the Strategic Warning and Space Surveillance Systems Division (AFLCMC/HBQ), Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC).
Duties include, but not limited to:
Cost Estimating and Cost Analysis
- Manage, oversee/lead, or perform scientific work that involves designing, developing, and adapting mathematical, statistical, econometric, and other scientific methods and techniques.
- Analyze management problems and provide advice and insight about the probable effects of alternative solutions to these problems.
- Apply competence in the rigorous methods of scientific inquiry and analysis.
- Apply a wide range of theories, concepts, and methods of analytical, mathematical, or statistical principles and practices to military weapons programs.
- Effectively use ACEIT Tool Suite to perform program office estimates and analysis.
- Assist, prepare, develop, and deliver compliant documents in support of a variety of financial management activities to include Planning, Programming, Budgeting, Executing (PPBE), Program Types (U.S., FMS, etc.), tracking data, and reporting IAW all current and future fiscal and appropriation law and policy
- Draw conclusions and draft solutions to funding/budgeting requirements & problems relating to improvement of financial management effectiveness, work methods, financial systems, and procedure efficiency.
- Perform budget forecasting tasks, variance identification and analysis, program or financial execution reporting and reviews, schedule analysis, earned value management (EVM) analysis and/or provide recommendations to the program office on all matters relating to budget, schedule or EVM.
- Apply knowledge of and use automated management information systems to perform fact finding, analytical, and advisory functions. Compile division level financial material from a variety of sources in support of various tasks and requirements for financial metrics, management internal control program, and routine reporting.
- Valid DOD Security clearance
- US Citizenship
Junior (Apprentice I):
- Has the knowledge and ability to perform tasks related to the technical/professional discipline.
- Works independently or with minimal guidance to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
- Education and Experience: BA/BS, 4 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed OR 8 years of directly related experience with proper certifications
Mid-Level (Journeyman, II)
- Has the knowledge, experience and demonstrated ability to perform tasks related to the technical/professional discipline.
- Has the ability to work independently and apply the proper procedures and process related to their area of expertise.
- Has ability problem solve and troubleshoot various situations to develop successful outcomes within established program/project guidelines.
- Education and Experience: BA/BS, 10 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 3 of which must be in the DoD- OR, 15 years of directly related experience with proper certifications 5 of which must be in the DoD.
Senior (Craftsman, III)
- Possesses the advanced knowledge, experience and recognized ability to be considered an expert in their technical/professional field.
- Possess the ability to perform tasks and oversee the efforts of junior and mid-level personnel within the technical/professional discipline.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of their technical/professional discipline as well as possess a comprehensive understanding and ability to apply associated standards, procedures and practices in their area of expertise.
- Education and Experience: Advanced Degree (MA/MS) and 12 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 years of which must be in the DoD OR, BA/BS degree, and 15 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 of which must be in the DoD OR, 20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications, 8 of which must be in the DoD.
- Peterson Air Force Base (PAFB)
- Hanscom Air Force Base (HAFB)
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.