What you’ll do
- Responsible for financial reporting and accounting functions for 3 US locations.Work with the operational and finance leadership teams through providing input and influenced medium and long term financial and strategic plan. Responsibility for leading the US Driveline financial monthly and quarterly forecasts, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. Coordinate and manage monthly Financial Outlooks.
- Provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing financial presentations, cash flow analysis, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management.
- Provide monthly financial reporting and analysis and commentary on cost center and profitability results. Provide analysis of material pricing and supply trends and make recommendations on optimizing Tariff and Customer recoveries. Understand global business conditions that can impact GKN’s financial health and provide guidance on responding to those conditions.
- This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support optimal business decision making. The position reports to the Senior Finance Manager.
- Lead monthly financial reporting processes for the US business. Explain and interpret financial results compared to budget and forecast, prepare causal analysis of variances.
- Lead the annual budgeting process, working with Plant Directors, Plant Controllers and Functional Area leaders.
- Provide financial leadership and data-driven analysis for business initiatives which may include new product launches, productivity projects, make vs. buy analysis, and capital investment decisions.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
Financial Analysis & Reporting
- Provide monthly financial reporting for USCVJ. Explain and interpret financial results compared to budget and forecast, prepare causal analysis of variances. Assist in managing the month-end closing process, including reviewing journal entries needed to close the period. Analyze financial statements to ensure completeness and accuracy and assess adequacy of reserves. Prepare and review supporting documentation for the balance sheet reconciliations for reviews.
- Ensure reporting reliability, consistency and transparency; complete analysis of variances and propose corrective actions to management.
- Communicate the weekly and monthly operational results with business leadership including performance comparisons to plan and forecast to aid in the effective cost management of the plant.
Costing, Budgeting & Forecasting
- Consolidate the annual budget for US Driveline Business, including spend, headcount, burden rates, cost reduction initiatives; and presents it to appropriate leadership.Align the strategy into integrated tactical Continuous Improvement Plans related to Functions and Indirect Purchase Action Plans.
- Prepare and analyze weekly spending and performance indicators to discern operational or financial issues and relay timely information to drive actionable solutions.Keep management and Finance community updated on spending trends and variances to Financial plans in a timely and concise manner.
- Understands and adhere to current health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Build internal and external customer relationships and cross business partnerships, hold people accountable for performance and break down barriers to effective execution.
- Demonstrate expertise in finance and accounting.
- Lead multiple, complex change with conviction and clarity of focus.
- Build a culture that fosters innovation and challenges the status quo.
- Develop challenging performance targets.
- Manage effectively in a global company.
- Operate as an integrated member of the management team.
- Provide value-adding analysis – the right information at the right time to support decision making.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in the accounting environment of a manufacturing organization with full P&L reporting responsibilities.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in operational performance analysis, inventory control and ERP systems
- Demonstrated career growth including financial planning and analysis
- CMA/ACA or MBA/ MSF
- Automotive industry and experience with QAD/MFGPro experience, as well as,Hyperion and One Stream
- Advanced PC skills including Excel, Access, PowerPoint, & Word.
- Able to independently prioritize to meet tight, multiple deadlines and handle various projects and tasks.
- Succinctly articulate business and accounting issues to finance and non-finance audiences alike at all levels within the organization
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions. With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s automotive manufacturers.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.