Allegheny Financial Group, LTD is an SEC-registered investment advisory firm that offers clients guidance in every aspect of their financial life, including financial planning, portfolio management, market analysis, risk management, and business and estate planning. As a firm that pioneered financial planning in Pittsburgh, Allegheny has earned clients’ trust with a high degree of personal attention in combination with specialized knowledge, an integrated team-based approach and first-class market research. For more information, go to www.alleghenyfinancial.com.
AFG is proud to be named a Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Top Workplace for the third consecutive year. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, generous time off allowance, a wellness program, volunteer opportunities and multiple social events throughout the year. https://topworkplaces.com/publication/post-gazette/allegheny-financial-grou/
We are currently seeking a new team member to join an established and growing financial planning practice as a Financial Planning Analyst. This position offers long term growth potential and the opportunity to work alongside respected Financial Advisors with more than 20 years in the field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects, organizes and extracts relevant financial information from internal sources and third parties to create and update financial planning reports.
- Completes financial planning reports and related tasks with accuracy and speed in accordance with the group practice preferences and standards.
- Summarizes and interprets investment assets, trusts, wills, estate and legal documents, retirement and pension plan information, employee benefits, insurance policies, tax returns and other financial information as appropriate.
- Compiles data into spreadsheet format and planning software, and prepares exhibits for client presentation. Exhibits include but are not limited to balance sheets, asset allocation charts, performance reports, income and tax projections, cash flow projections, minimum distribution analyses, estate distribution analyses, retirement, disability and survivors’ projections, and educational costs.
- Maintains knowledge of current industry issues pertaining to financial and tax planning, investment management, and reporting.
- Analyze financial planning reports to form logical conclusions based on economic principals. Assist in the formation of financial planning recommendations of economic benefit to clients.
- Completes analysis and research projects. Summarizes findings, requests feedback from advisors and the financial planning department, and assists with the dissemination of information and/or implementation of changes. Updates client reports as appropriate.
- Create client and maintain orderly client paper and digital files in as needed. Calculate and enter cost basis information. Confirm portfolio accounting software accuracy and perform data reconciliation on portfolios for financial reporting. Assists in the creation, enhancement, documentation of processes and procedures.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting or relevant work experience
- Minimum two years experience in financial planning and/or investment consulting environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Microsoft Excel, and familiarity with CRM software
- Designation as a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) or progress toward completion is preferred, but not required
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 licenses preferred, but not required
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy capabilities
- Possess a high level of initiative, follow-through and accountability for actions