Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 7,000 in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
Financial Products Manager - Loan Products and Partnerships (Austin, TX or Richmond, CA)
SunPower is seeking a Financial Products Manager - Loan Products and Partnerships to grow our US residential solar business by designing, sourcing, and integrating a suite of loan products tailored specifically to meet our customers’ needs. In addition to identifying key features, structures, and terms of loans to offer on our financing platform, you will help source capital partners to provide these products. You will help drive negotiation and execution of deals, diligence efforts, and compliance regimes.
You will also act as Product Manager for the integration of new loan products into our financing platform, working with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Operations, and Product Teams and developing a methodology to match each customer with their best financing option. You will price these products and define the go-to-market strategy. The success and profitability of our loan product line will be your responsibility.
The Financial Product Manager role is among the most challenging and rewarding. The group is growing rapidly in both size and scope, and a successful manager will have the opportunity to take on additional duties quickly, including indirect commercial solar financing, and new product/market entry ideas. We are looking for a highly talented and driven individual who is excited to take on this challenge.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Analyze current and new product offerings, market opportunities, competitors and business models to inform strategic recommendations on new product development, market expansion, and management of existing product lines
- Be responsible for the profitability of the loan program at SunPower Capital, monitoring the success of loan products as they relate to both volume and margin
- Be the day-to-day deal lead for loan product capital-partnerships, including negotiation and execution, as well as leading the team through diligence, project management, and compliance efforts
- Design and build a loan financing platform that will intelligently offer a suite of products and providers
- Cross-functionally manage the development and launch of a financial product platform
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years of experience in consumer finance: specifically banking, treasury, capital markets, or capital partnerships
- Experience in the following areas will be helpful for success but not required:
- Residential Solar
- Deal Execution
- Work with Product Managers
- Educational: Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, engineering, or other quantitative discipline preferred
- Strong work ethic and ability to deliver high-quality results in a fast-paced work environment
- Detail-oriented and organized with superior analytical abilities
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think creatively to solve complex business and financial problems
- In-depth understanding of finance/valuation concepts and financial statements
- Extensive financial modeling experience
- Superior knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Can be worked from Austin, TX or Richmond, CA
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
SunPower Supports EEO
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it
must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated
Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime
Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law.
Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants
and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by
contacting the EEO Officer.
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segment:Manager, Project Manager, Management, Technology