Purpose of JobDevelops and leads teams or processes in the end-to-end delivery of complex financial and regulatory reporting. Manages and prioritizes the preparation and review of complex regulatory reports and analyzes new and proposed changes to regulatory reporting requirements to determine the impact to USAA. Supports audits and examinations and interacts frequently with internal and external auditors and regulatory examiners. Serves as a mentor to peers and team members and performs complex work assignments and problem resolution to ensure accurate and timely regulatory financial reporting.
- Develops and leads teams or processes in the end-to-end delivery of complex financial and regulatory reporting to include Bank reporting, Bank Holding Company reporting, , and / or investment reporting.
- Manages and prioritizes the preparation and review of complex regulatory reports including Call Reports, Reserves, RiskBased Capital, Monitoring, Federal Reserve (Y-reports, TIC reports, etc) and Insurance Statutory reports in addition to audited statements and support schedules.
- Analyzes and interprets new and proposed changes to regulatory reporting requirements to determine the impact to USAA.
- Interacts regularly with management, regulatory agencies, and business partners (ie, internal and external audit, treasury, compliance and legal, etc) to ensure appropriate discussion and execution of requisite actions.
- Partners with areas across the enterprise to ensure correct and timely receipt of supporting information.
- Researches and responds to requests from examiners and auditors.
- Plans and prioritizes maintenance of processes, procedures, tools and resources.
- Serves as an advisor and subject matter expert to management as well as a mentor to peers and team members.
- Bachelor's degree required; 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years of Bank Holding Company reporting or relevant work experience (ie, regulatory or management reporting for insurance, banking, and/or investments).
- Advanced knowledge of applicable Microsoft Office applications; Advanced knowledge of data analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration (MBA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Strong technical accounting background
- Statutory/Regulatory Insurance reporting experience
- Ability to coordinate and work closely with other impacted business units, including the lines of business, legal and compliance.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.