About Guitar Center
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to craft lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by calling 1‐818-735-8800 ext. 2862 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for a manager of financial reporting to oversee the accurate and timely preparation of financial statements, notes and analysis for internal and external users, coordinate the annual financial statement audit, ensure accounting policies & procedures are U.S. GAAP compliant and to perform technical accounting research, ad-hoc and special projects as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepares and/or reviews GAAP financial statements and related notes for quarterly reporting similar to SEC Forms 10-Q and 10-K and ensures supporting work paper documentation is complete and accurate
* Works closely with finance and business teams to prepare MD&A and other disclosures required for quarterly SEC reports, and ensures accuracy of supporting documentation
* Consolidates and analyzes subsidiary financial statements, including variances from budget, prior year periods and trends to prepare written analyses for management
* Prepares and/or reviews monthly management reporting package and financial statements for lender compliance
* Prepares and/or reviews quarterly earnings call script
* Coordinates with external auditors, finance and business teams to ensure client schedules and other deliverables for the annual financial statement audit are timely and accurate
* Performs technical accounting research and analysis to ensure proper application of GAAP to unusual, complex or new transactions and prepares position papers with support for conclusions reached
* Manages all aspects of accounting for debt and equity accounts, including equity-based compensation under ASC 718, and other accounts as assigned
* Prepares impairment analyses for fixed and intangible assets under ASC 360 and ASC 350 and acquisition purchase price allocations
* Other ad-hoc reporting and analysis for equity investors, management and others as requested
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in accounting
* CPA required
* Minimum 6 years' combined public and corporate accounting experience preparing or auditing full-disclosure U.S. GAAP financial statements
* Minimum two years' experience supervising direct reports
* Demonstrated ability to research, interpret and apply U.S. GAAP accounting standards and SEC reporting requirements
* Self-motivated with an auditor mentality and strong attention to detail
* Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills
* Demonstrated technical accounting writing skills
* Ability to work effectively under time pressure and meet strict deadlines
* Ability to mentor and develop staff accountants
* Prior experience with equity-based compensation accounting strongly preferred
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled