A.M. Nomikos operates a commercial, corporate and technical ship management service for ship owning entities.
The Company employs over 1,600 personnel worldwide, on land and sea-based operations. The Head Office and central management is located in Athens with commercial activities situated in London.
The company was originally involved in coastal shipping and over the past 6 decades has grown into all main types of Dry Bulk vessels, with a principal focus on the Geared segment. Most recently the company has expanded capabilities in the management of Container ships.
As a Financial Reporting Officer your duties will include:
- Preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly and annual financial information (actual/pro forma/budgets) for management reporting and audit purposes in accordance with applicable financial framework (IFRS).
- Working closely with reporting senior and reporting manager for the smooth execution of reporting and audit work.
- Working closely with accounting function in the frame of reviewing accounting records for monthly/quarterly/annual reporting purposes.
- Reviewing and updating accounting information according to procedures ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable reporting framework.
- Addressing ad hoc requests of the company’s stakeholders regarding financial position and performance of the companies under management.
- Preparation of financial information for compliance with financial agreements.
- BSc or MSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- ACCA professional qualification (qualified or partly qualified) will be a strong plus.
- 3 to 4 years of working experience in an audit firm or a similar position within a ship management company.
- Excellent command of English language (both written and verbal).
- Excellent knowledge of MS office tools. Increase productivity by developing/improving automated reporting tools.
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking.
- Time management skills, strong attention to detail and accountability for deliverables.
- Be self-driven and able to work remotely when required.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Danaos Marine Accounting would be considered an asset.
We aspire to be an employer of choice and to offer our people opportunities to continuously develop personally and professionally, and to work in an environment that is shaped by collaboration, responsibility and integrity.
Our commitment to trustful and long-term partnerships with our customers is matched by our commitment to the people who make this a reality.
Become part of our team and let's work together to shape the future of maritime transport!