- Assists Financial Service Representatives (FSRs) with Member sales and service. The Financial Sales Manager will be responsible for training and coaching the FSRs, as well as meeting and exceeding individual sales goals. They will also have operational responsibilities in the branch.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Training, motivating and coaching FSR’s and providing guidance and advice on products, services and loan opportunities; ensuring FSR’s meet or exceed monthly goals.
- Making immediate loan approval decisions.
- Keeping current on business and lending trends to communicate market activities.
- Managing subordinates who supervise team members in the teller/member services area. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Assisting FSR’s with member sales and service.
- Acting as a partner in running the branch and supporting the branch leader with daily operational responsibilities.
- Establishing and evaluating metrics for assessing effectiveness and team member progress; implementing suggestions for improvements.
- Reviewing production costs and product quality, and modifies production and service delivery methods to maintain and enhance profitable operation of branch.
- Responsible for all or part of the duties and responsibilities involved in scheduling and staffing, assignment of duties and priorities of completion in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures established by credit union and directly assigned to the branch manager.
- Driving development and process enhancements in the branch system and with sales and service.
- Developing sales initiatives to boost sales to current credit union members.
- Selling services and products, such as IRA’s, directly to credit union members to meet/exceed monthly goals.
- Becomes/is an advocate of The Michigan First Way, supporting all facets of it, including complete fulfillment of Our Promise, 5 STARS Service, SOLVE IT and our ISMs. Fosters a positive demeanor and image through professional representation in all contacts with both, team members and members. Consistently reflects and displays each of our “ISMs” in daily job performance, as well as in all business interactions while executing on our goals and initiatives. Learns and utilizes EMEC (Every Member’s Experience Counts) in day-to-day responsibilities when communicating with members only.
- Provides leadership to FSRs and other Team Members at their branch as requested by the Branch Manager. Demonstrates a commitment to our “Leader Code of Conduct”.
- Thorough knowledge of lending processes and experience with financial institution products and service.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience as a loan office or lending advocate.
- Minimum of 3+ year’s sales experience preferably in a financial institution or related field.
- Minimum of 3+ year’s leadership or managerial experience with a credit union or bank.
- Experience with recruiting, interviewing and training a plus.
- Must have an Associate’s degree or above in business or related field. BA preferred.
- Must have experience evaluating and making sound decisions on sales and other skill level of team members.
- Ability to operate Keystone or any other related financial systems to access the credit union's accounting and / or member account information. Basic input, output, error correction, general ledger account structure knowledge essential to be able to perform the job.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must have excellent written and verbal presentation and communication skills and the ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Experience in a financial institution preferred.
Michigan First Credit Union was founded more than 90 years ago by educators and now delivers world-class service to more than 160,000+ members at our branches throughout Michigan, and we’re growing! We offer financial solutions for every life stage and seek to positively transform our members’ lives through personalized service that meets their unique needs.
Simply put, Michigan First Credit Union’s sole mission is to provide the highest quality member experience. Working here, you’ll get to participate in a strong culture centered around service, professionalism, and growth.
Michigan First highlights:
- 450+ team members
- 34 locations spanning the Lansing area, Grand Rapids and Metro Detroit.
- Industry leader in community support and charitable giving through the Michigan First Foundation
- Member Services Call Center operates 24/7/365
- Over $1 Billion in assets
Awards Michigan First Credit Union has been the proud recipient of:
- 2020 Channel 4 - Vote for the Best - Credit Unions (1st Place)
- 2020 Channel 4 - Vote for the Best - Mortgage Lenders (1st Place)
- 2020 Best & Brightest in West Michigan
- 2020 Best & Brightest in the Nation
- 2020 Best Credit Unions to Work For
- 2020 Best & Brightest in Metro Detroit
- 2019 Crain’s Coolest Places to Work in Michigan
- 2020 Detroit Free Press Top Workplaces
- 2019 Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency - Certified Veteran Friendly Employer - Bronze Level
Benefits and perks of joining our award-winning team include:
- Very competitive pay
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision benefit options. Employer-paid life and disability insurance
- 401(k) - 100% match up to 5% deferral
- Tuition reimbursement for both Undergraduate and Graduate degree program
- Access to a complimentary concierge service that assists with nearly any item on your to-do list
- Free, state-of-the-art fitness center at our Lathrup Village headquarters with exercise equipment, showers and locker rooms
- Wellness initiatives and events throughout the year to help team members stay healthy
- Loan discounts for certain secured and unsecured loans and mortgages
- Opportunities for pay increases, incentives and profit-sharing, based on performance
- Onsite bowling center
Michigan First Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.