Financial Services Analyst
Center for Community Services/ Aging & Independence Services
THIS IS A FULL TIME-LIMITED POSITION
The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is the regional planning and intergovernmental coordination agency that focuses on issues critical to the region’s success, including growth and development, transportation, water resources, services for older adults and workforce solutions. ARC is dedicated to unifying the region’s collective resources to prepare the metropolitan area for a prosperous future. This is done through professional planning initiatives, the provision of objective information, and the involvement of the community in collaborative partnerships.
The Financial Services Analyst, member of the Finance Unit Team will be responsible for performing financial, accounting, budget management, and purchasing functionsto provide support to the Aging & Independence Services group. This individual will also ensure items are purchased, tracked, and delivered to support funding for COVID related materials.
This time-limited position is primarily funded with the CARES Act funding and may end on or before September 30, 2021 (the duration of the CARES Act funding) with eligibility of partial benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and monitor financial accounting, budgets, payables/receivables, payroll expenditures, grant funding and/or reporting;
- Serve as an initial approval level for purchases and expenditures and purchase materials needed during the time frame of the CARES Act Funding;
- Monitor and administers finance program processes and procedures; track purchases and keep supporting schedules;
- Perform analyses of financial performance against budget;
- Prepare financial statements and reports; review and verify general ledger accounts and transactions; perform ad hoc analysis used in decision-making;
- Perform account and data reconciliations; identify issues and advise management;
- Provide recommendations related to process, procedures, and budget adjustments;
- Provide professional advice, customer support and consultation in assigned area of expertise; provide staff training, as needed.
- Administerfinancial aspects of contracts, track payments to budget and contract amounts; administer grants, including expenditures, applications and/or reporting;
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of general accounting and financial management;
- Knowledge of principles and practices of program administration and management;
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and federal and state funding regulations;
- Ability to organize tasks, meet deadlines and prioritize competing demands;
- Ability to oversee, organize and maintain records and files;
- Ability to provide attention to detail in assignments;
- Possess exceptional time management, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Possess strong collaboration and partnership development skills with internal and external partners; and
- Ability to manage and prioritize complex competing priorities;
- Proficient in using database technology and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (equivalent combination acceptable):
- Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, accounting, finance or related field
- One (1) year of procurement experience, professional accounting, financial management, or grants administration
In addition to the detailed examples of responsibilities and abilities contained herein, all employees of the Atlanta Regional Commission are expected to model behavior consistent with the guiding principles outlined in our Evolution Strategy. Specifically, incumbents are responsible for demonstrating work habits that are:
- Interdisciplinary by promoting professional and interpersonal connections and integration across functional disciplines;
- Holistic by seeking expertise within the team, Group, or Agency to produce his/her work output, and demonstrating a strong understanding of and support for interrelationships between their work and the work of others in the team, Group, or Agency;
- Actionable by continuously striving to improve his/her capabilities to produce sustainable outcomes, and displaying a strong need for achievement and a high energy level to attain goals;
- Outcome Based by taking the initiative to meet goals and expectations, and consistently striving to produce tangible results with significant visible impact, and;
- Targeted toward Ensuring Colleagues' Success by willingly and deliberately providing his/her expertise to others in an effort to build and sustain effective internal and external working relationships, and by modeling behaviors that consistently demonstrate concern for colleagues' success, needs, respect, trust and integrity.
ANNUAL SALARY RANGE:$49,441 - $84,049
ARC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion or disability in employment or the provision of services.