McGuireWoods LLP is looking for an experienced Litigation Paralegal for the Financial Services Litigation group in our Pittsburgh office. The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of experience in commercial litigation involving mortgage-related disputes, including performing legal research, organizing documents and assisting in document production, assisting with and preparing basic pleadings, assisting and responding to discovery requests and production of documents, court filings (federal and state) along with preparing for mediations and depositions.
McGuireWoods is a full-service firm providing legal and business solutions to corporate, individual and nonprofit clients worldwide for more than 184 years. Our law firm has earned the loyalty of many longstanding clients with deep understanding of their businesses and broad skills in corporate transactions, high-stakes disputes, and complex regulatory and compliance matters. People come here to do great, challenging work and we provide the resources and training for them to succeed and develop professionally. Working together from offices in the U.S., Europe and Asia, McGuireWoods is dedicated to diverse perspectives, impeccable service, and innovative delivery of practical, business-minded solutions. For more information, visit www.mcguirewoods.com.
- Conducts research using LexisNexis, Westlaw or other relevant research platforms to support the needs of the client
- Performs basic factual research and investigation related to client matters and other due diligence as appropriate
- Collects, organizes and maintains documents and files related to legal matters, including documents received from the client, opposing parties or other sources
- Manages calendars, docket and tickler systems, and assists in meeting deadlines
- Drafts routine correspondence and memoranda for attorneys and more senior level paralegals as requested
- Proofreads legal documents
- Requires 2- 5 years of work experience as a litigation paralegal, with a preference for financial services/mortgage litigation
- Must be well organized and work well under pressure
- Must have experience with major case load/high volume of cases
Have more questions? Connect with a recruiter directly.